⁷ green ⁷

I'm waiting for it, that green light,
I want it

(this chapter is long, but worth it)

*xxx*

The sun's soft morning rays we're peeking through the window and playing on the pale boy's face. Mike woke up with a numb arm but his worry disappeared when he realized it was only from cuddling Will all night.

He had cuddled Will. All night.

Mike became hot and flustered and let go of Will. He crawled his way off the bed and looked over at the flower-themed clock hanging above the door. It read 6:53. He would have enough time to go home before his mom woke up.
He looked around for his jacket and found it. Still wrapped around Will's, gently sleeping, body. He decided to let the boy keep it, since he looked cuter in it anyways.

Mike was about to leave but turned back around to look at Will. He seemed so peaceful, especially after what he'd been through last night. His glowing skin, rising and falling chest, and short legs that stretched their way across the bed without care. Mike couldn't stop his body from walking over to the other side of the bed and give Will a soft kiss on the cheek.

Mike, overly excited, decided it was time to go and made his way to the closed bedroom door. He started to turn the door knob but stopped once he heard the muffled sounds of someone cooking coming down the hall.
Realizing it would be too awkward to explain how he got there he took another way out. He opened Will's window and pushed his lanky limbs through until fell into the green grass below on the side of the house. After apologizing to the plants he'd just murdered, and ran home.

~~~

The weekend was quiet. Neither boys called each other and before they knew, it was Monday again. The first few periods had passed and things we're pretty awkward between Mike and El. They kept glancing at each other but neither were brave enough to hold the eye contact. Mike felt like he could die any moment from how weird it was.
The group made their way to lunch, Dustin and Lucas talking about some comic and Mike keeping his distance from Max and El. Will hadn't shown up to school yet and Mike was starting to wonder if he was okay.
After getting their food trays the party were walking to their table when Max turned around and stopped Mike and El.

"Okay, I'd rather listen to those two nerds blab for the rest of the period than sit with you two. It's too tense." Max stopped to take a breath before talking again. "You two go find somewhere quiet and talk it through. I can't take it anymore."

The two teens just stared at her with open mouths. Mike forced himself to speak, "but my lunch-" he was cut off by Max grabbing their trays and throwing them in the nearby bin. Mike let out a sad sigh and a weak "okay". He turned around to walk through the cafeteria doors and El followed, but not before giving Max a tight hug.

When far down the halls by the school entrance, the two stopped. "Hey Mike, I really am sorry, I should've told you. You shouldn't have had to see that. I cheated on you." Mike just smiled at her and took a deep breath. "It's okay El, it really is. Plus I've been feeling a bit... similar recently."

El turned her head and gave him a puzzled look. "Similar? What do you mean?" Mike swallowed and took another breath. The brunette's big brown eyes always intimidated him. "Will," was all he let out.
Her faced looked like it was figuring out a thousand things at once until she just opened her mouth and shrieked. "Oh, shit! You like Will!"

"Woah El, keep it down" Mike said, trying to stop her from now freaking out. "I-I don't know that I like him, plus wouldn't that be weird..." Mike said nervously. El just slapped his arm, "You stop that right now, there's nothing wrong with liking another boy." Mike nodded slowly, trying to convince himself that she was right.
"So tell me everything." El perked up.