² pink ²

If the sky is pink and white
If the ground is black and yellow

*xxx*

Class felt like it was IMPOSSIBLE. Something was off and Michael couldn't figure why he was feeling so weird.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

Mike turns super quickly, flustered, to see where the voice came from. "Oh" he says. "Nothing El, just- um tired"
El gives a big bright smile. Mike immediately feels his panic subside. God I love this girl, Mike thought to himself.

Class ends and Will rushes out the door. Mike and his friends take their time exiting, joking and playing around. "Hey guys I'm gonna go use the bathroom, see you later" Mike calls out to his friends. "See you later Wheeler" they yell back.

Upon exiting the bathroom Mike sees the halls deserted. Hmm I'm gonna be late. Mike walks through the empty hall and realizes he is actually not alone. There, standing by the wall, head down reading a paper, is the boy. The sunlight coming through the window is making his skin glow and his hair shine. Mike lets out a deep breath and walks over.

"Um hey Will, everything alright?" Mike asks quietly. Will doesn't look up or answer. "I can probably help you, what is it?"

"I- I'm, lost." Will says. Mike lets a nervous chuckle. "Okay, let me see... oh yeah Ms. Kay." Mike tries to smile at Will but Will still refused to look up at him. "Okay I'll take you to her."

The two walk quietly to the class room. Will walked a bit distant from Mike. It was, awkward. Mike decided he would try to make conversation. "So, you like star wars?"
Will seemed to get a little excited at the mention of star wars, but got quiet again and just said. "Mhmm."

"Well maybe we could rewatch a movie together or something." Mike didn't know why he wanted to befriend this boy so much.
"I would lov- like that very much" Will squeezed out.

"Cool."

The boys reached the classroom and stopped. "Thanks for taking me here Michael." Mike smiled, his cheeks turning pink. "No problem, if you ever need help, just find me. See you later? Maybe lunch?"
"Mhm." Will replied.

Will entered the room and Michael went along with his day, grinning. Even when he was yelled at and given detention by his teacher for being so late to class on just the second week of school.

~~~

Lunch came and Mike was enjoying his time with his El and the others. But he realized there was no sign of Will. He really wanted to have lunch with him but Mike didn't see him the rest of the day. It was only when he was walking out of school and looked to his right he saw him.
"Oh Will! What are you still doing here?" The boy in white looked a little sad and lost. "Uhh, my mom was supposed to pick me up but I think she got stuck at work again." Will replied.

Mike thought about it. School ended over an hour ago, he was only just leaving because of his detention. Will must've been bored out of his mind.
"Woah, that must suck." Mike thought about it for a second and decided to risk it. He had a proposal.

"Uh, well I have a bike. Maybe I can take you home?"

Will looked up at Mike with bright eyes that gave him butterflies. "Really?! You would do that?"
"Yeah sure," anything for you.

"Okay let's go." Mike takes will over to his bike and sits a bit forward while Will climbed onto the back. He held a tight grip on Mike's shoulders, which only make Mike's stomach feel more funny. What's wrong with me?

Mike began riding to the address he was given. It was actually pretty nearby his own house.

So here Mike was, with a boy he barely knew clinging onto his shoulders. A boy he felt he needed to make happy and protect from the world. For reasons he didn't even know.

the wind blew through the boys' hair as the sunset and the sky faded pink

*xxx*

Well this was chapter two. The next chapter is pretty long. It was originally two different chapters but I didn't want to break the aesthetic and flow.  There's some conflict coming and the next chapter is Will's pov so strap in ;).

692~ words.