Sunday, first of September 2013

„Ok, so listen to me now, before we go up the tower. I want you to go one by one, because it's a very narrow staircase and if you walk next to each other, you could fall. Also make sure, that you are walking on the left side, because the stairs are wider there, which is naturally caused by the bend of the staircase inside of the circular tower. Also notice, that you always have to solve the riddle the Eagle poses you, in order to get into the common room. Inside the common room, you have to be quiet, there are people studying in there. This rule is sometimes abolished for special occasions but in general there is a bonding time between two and three pm, where you're allowed to make contact with your fellow students. If you want to learn the sound-bubble charm, you can always ask Professor Flitwick if he will show it to you, now up we go!", when Ivy Stevens said these words, she was immediately thrown back exactly four years, to the moment, when she stood there, at the foot of the stairs, listening to what Brandon Knightly was saying. When she turned, to walk up to the tower, her gase fell upon a small, blonde girl with extremely large glasses. She smiled and walked on.

Estella Olivander was astonished and a little bit scared, when she saw the red haired prefect smiling at her. She knew that her glasses where way too big, but her god mother forgot to fix them this morning, and she didn't know how to size them down herself. So now, she was standing at the foot of the spiralling staircase to the Ravenclaw tower, waiting for everyone to get by before her. When she finally got to go up the stairs, she demanded her eyes to take in every single thing she could see. She tried to do that all evening, but she couldn't get herself to it. It was simply way too much to take in. Only on the way to the common room she could focus again and was pretty sure now, that she wouldn't be lost the next morning. When the sorting Hat had screamed "Ravenclaw" into the great hall, she had been a little bit disappointed, for she knew, that both her parents had been Hufflepuffs. Her God Mother was a Gryffindor, and she was still proud of it, even though she left school more than ten years ago, thirteen if you wanted to be exact. She took the first step and felt like a real Hogwarts student. When she arrived at the top of the stairs, exhausted and out of breath, the small Corridor was empty. There was only one single door at the end, and it had a silver doorknocker. When she stepped closer, she saw, that it was an eagle. She knocked. A loud, piercing sound rang through the air, shortly followed by a snarling voice saying: "Imagine you're in a dark, square, room with no Windows, no Doors, a floor and a fully functioning roof. How do you get out?" Estella had expected anything, but this was something completely different. But it wasn't hard either. "You simply stop imagining, you are inside of the room.", she answered the question. The eagle seemed pleased, because with an: "I like the way you think", from it, the door swung open.