Chapter 3: Captured

When we reached the other side of the tunnel, I was surprised by what the outside world looked like. It was a beautiful lush forest with monkeys, sloths, and colorful birds that would occasionally swoop down and grab the bugs on the ground. I looked over and saw my dad was gone, along with most of the other dragons. I looked up and saw a dragon that was not like a Bonewing. It was rainbow colored. The stranger shot something at my neck, and I collapsed to the ground.
I woke up in a net hanging from a tree. I saw some other Bonewings unconscious in hanging nets around me. I used my claws to cut free of the net, and I fell onto a platform beneath. As I looked around, I saw the rainbow colored dragons nearby, watching me. As one of them stepped toward me, she asked, "What are you?".
"I'm a Bonewing. What are you?" I said to her. She was beautiful.
"We are Rainwings. What's a Bonewing?" She replied.
"A Bonewing is a dragon that grows a bony outer armor so we can protect ourselves." I said.
"Where is your armor?" She asked curiously.
"How do I know I can trust you? You all kidnapped us!" I said.
"Well, how do we know if we can trust you? You came into our home." She said sternly.
"Our home was destroyed by a volcano. We had no choice but to come here." I said softly.
"Okay, well, my name is Firefly. I'm the princess here." She said
"Well, my name is Keratin. not in the royal family, though I did work in the hatchery." I said. I looked up and saw more bonewings starting to wake up from inside the nets.