Chapter 17: Number

~Adelina~

We're back at the bookstore for Adelina's part

--------------------------------------------------------

What the fuck just happened.

I mean, what the actual fuck.

I never swear, it's not really something I do, but what the actual fuck just happened.

I don't know what I did to piss Zane off, but whatever it was, this whole calling names thing, or completely invading my privacy is something I did not deserve.

I have been nothing but kind to him, yet here he is screaming in MY face telling me I'm a slut and calling me other slurs. I did nothing to get that kind of reaction from him. Yea maybe here and there I might have been rude, but I know for a fact I did nothing to deserve the harshness Zane just put me through.

All I've done to him was not tell him what papa has been doing to me, since I know for a fact that he knows something is happening in my life that is making me unsafe. I know he knows since he's asked what has happened to me and why I've flinched or why I've been in pain is so he can help me, but honestly, there is no way for someone the help me. I'll be dead long before I can be saved.

but honestly, Zane doesn't deserve to know what's been happening in my life. Not after the shit show, he put on for me. He yelled at me, pushed me onto a bookshelf with knife-like books that made my back ache in pain and gave me a migraine that won't go away till I take some sort of medicine, AND on top of that, humiliated Ash and Will. His best friends.

Yea maybe he's trying to help, but the actions he's been taking are causing more pain than any saving. So no, I'm not taking his help any time soon. Not after today.

It's no contact with Zane Anderson for the rest of my life.

He's a bad boy, nothing but trouble, and I don't need him in my life.

All of a sudden, a hand is waving in my vision and I refocus my eyes to whats in front of me.

"I'm sorry are you okay baby girl," William asks while scanning me from head to toe making sure nothing happened to me

"yea I'm fine," I say looking anywhere but them

"Really, I'm super sorry for Zane, there is no way to justify his actions-" William says with a sorry look on his face

"its fine really, it doesn't matter...just drop it" I say

"okay, okay sure." Both of the boys say

"now let me get one more book" I say making a happy face to make sure they don't suspect the pain lingering underneath.

"Oh hell yea" Will says with a mischievous face while walking away to another bookshelf isle. Me and Ash follow slowly behind, making small talk and when we arrive to where Will is, he already has a handful of books in his hand.

"Alright I'm done" Will says breathing heavy like he was really freaking excited to get these books.

So cute

"You're done?" Ash asks raising a eyebrow and having a surprised facial expression.

"Clearly dumbass" Will says nudging his head towards his handful of books.

"Alright we should checkout-"Ash says but gets cut off by me

"Wait, you're not buying any books?" I question. We're in a bookstore, you cannot come here and leave without a book, thats a rule.