𝟎 ✦ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

┌───── ✦ 𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ✦ ─────┐

The horrifying sound of shattering glass and loud screams vibrated into her ear, sending a signal to her brain to open her eyes. She was sweating. She was breathing uncontrollably. She was shivering. She was having a panic attack.
She quickly sat up straight on her bed, trying to control her breathing as the sounds of her fighting parents kept getting louder and louder. She flinched and grabbed her head when a terrifying ringing started pounding in her ears, causing a massive headache in the back of her head. It hurt so much, but at this point she was used to it.

She put her hand on her bedside table and tried to lift herself up from the bed, and fortunately she was able to stand. She wanted to get out of here, As soon as possible.
She snatched the backpack that sat on her bedroom floor and stuffed her pointe shoes into it. She put her shoes on before slowly opening the creaking door and leaving the room.

She cringed, as their voices echoed harder into her brain. She slowly peeked into the living room, and sighed internally as the couple screamed their lungs out at each other with broken glass surrounding them. She quickly sneaked her way to the door and successfully headed outside.

She inhaled nature's breath as she looked at the breathtaking sunset. She wanted to shout and jump around. She wanted to chase squirrels to their houses. She wanted to sing and laugh out loud, but she just couldn't. She felt as if that part of her inner self was just not yet unlocked.

Placing her backpack on the dirty bench, she took her pointe shoes out and put them on right away. She immediately started moving her body while humming her favorite song. The wind blew her hair as it flew freely in the air. She closed her eyes and just enjoyed the only thing that made her damaged soul happy.

She was about to spin herself a pirouette but something caught her attention, causing her to stop and listen. She all of a sudden started hearing music. Not just any music, piano. She recognized the song and immediately started dancing the choreography to it, not caring about where it came from at all.
That song was the first song she danced to ever since she started taking ballet classes, and whenever she heard it she remembered her ballet teacher's voice as she aggressively shouted out her flaws and mistakes while she danced to it.
The music started getting louder and louder as her eyes were kept shut and her inner self was pleased with the vibe. After the music stopped, she opened her eyes and exhaled deeply. She loved that song very much.
She looked up only to find a boy, standing in front of her with a mini piano in his hand.
He had messy black hair, slightly round cheeks, and dark brown eyes that stared into hers. He looked like he was about her age, but she wasn't judging, he really did have a baby face.

"You know that song?", she blurted out unintentionally.

"Yes. It's actually my favorite song.", He replied.

"Oh, cool.", she said as she stared down at her feet.

They both stood there awkwardly, desperately needing one of them to speak up and break the silence.
She wondered where his parents were. 'he's a kid too, and I don't usually see kids without their parents in this park.', she thought.

"So, what's your name?", he suddenly said.

"Oh, my mom always told me not to tell anyone my name, unless it's someone I know.", she replied, shyly.

"Oh, right. My mom says that too."

Another silence took over as they both just stood there staring at their feet and playing with their fingers.

"Well, can I call you... ChumSon? I liked the way you played that little piano you have.", she broke the silence and said, giggling at the name as it randomly crossed her mind.

ChumSon (춤손) is a short phrase for '추는 가락', which means 'Dancing Fingers' in English

He laughed under his breath, but loud enough for her to hear, and nodded.

"Sure, I guess you can call me that."

She smiled victoriously.

He took a couple of seconds to analyze her face before speaking once more.

"I like the shape of your eyes, so I guess I can call you... Yeou?", he said, waiting for her response.

Yeou (여우) basically means 'fox' in English

"sure! I like that.", she said, shooting him a huge smile.

They both smiled at each other, clearly liking their new nicknames. He extended his hand towards her, going for a handshake, and she gladly accepts.

"Nice to meet you, Yeou."

"Nice to meet you too, ChumSon."

┌───── ✦ 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 ✦ ─────┐

↷ hello and welcome to the first chapter of 'strangers'! I know it's just a prologue, but this is just where everything begins. I really hope you enjoy reading the rest of the story, and I'll try to update as much as possible!

anyways, until my next chapter; stay safe, stay hydrated, eat a lot, love yourself, you're amazing, you're beautiful, have a nice day & I love you ◡̈

— 𝟐𝟗/𝟑/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 —

            — 𝐋𝐮𝐥𝐮 ✿