𝟏 ✦ 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

[𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 - 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲]
ılı.lıllılı.ıllı.
0:00 ─〇───── 0:00
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

┌───── ✦ 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐢 ✦ ─────┐

I pushed the large door open, letting the cold wind attack my bare face as I exited the building. Walking down the long stairs I suddenly felt a cold liquid hit my neck from above and slide down my back. I looked upwards at where it came from and to my surprise another drop hit my face.

It was raining.

I put my hood on and continued walking.
I wore a skirt that day, and I wish I didn't. I hate this uniform, so very much. The skirt is short, but not too short to put my scars on display, and the shirt is too light, considering the extremely cold weather here in Korea.

I pop in my earphones to distract me from all the loud city noises; Heavy rain falling rapidly and hitting the hard ground. Cars and taxis driving by the sidewalk and blowing their horns incessantly. People talking too loudly for the public to hear. It was all too much. I couldn't bear hearing loud noises, even when I was younger.

My hood started getting heavy as the rain was wetting it every passing second. I had to get home as fast as possible, I didn't want the rain to stop. It's the perfect weather to sip on a steaming hot chocolate, cuddle a blanket, sit by my bedroom window, and just draw random things in my sketchbook.

I walked quickly, and I noticed a coffee shop in the corner of my eye. Since when did that open? Last time I crossed this neighborhood it was still under construction. My eyes lit up and I immediately started walking towards it.

I push the café's door open as I stepped inside. Warmers were already on to heat the shivering people. I smiled, pleased by the sudden weather change.
I took off my hood and walked towards the counter. Oh boy, here comes my least favorite part of going out, social interactions.
I heavily breathed out and gave myself a mental pep talk as I was now standing in front of the cashier.

'Don't mess this up.'
'Don't embarrass yourself.'
'Don't say anything stupid.'

Oh god, please let me cooperate with myself properly just this time.

"Welcome! what can I get you started with this evening?", the cashier started.

"Uhh can I just g-get a regular hot chocolate?"

"Sure. Anything else?", she responded.

I just shook my head instead of saying anything, because I know that my brain will suddenly decide to say something stupid. I might as well just shout out loud: "I'm afraid of talking to people and I can't even start a proper conversation without looking like I'm a lost kid!!".

After that I just stood there, waiting impatiently for my drink so I can just get out of this place and away from every human in existence.
My foot tapped quietly on the ground as my patience was finally coming to an end.

"A regular hot chocolate for..?",the cashier suddenly said, ringing a small bell that sat on the counter.

My head snapped at ringing sound as the memory film flashed before my eyes. My eyes widened as I looked at her. She stared at my actions, waiting for me to grab my drink and leave. My body froze, but my mind kept shouting at me to move it already.
Another incredibly loud ringing came from the door as it signaled a person walking into the café. I covered my ears as the ringing kept getting louder and heavier in my head, when no ringing was heard in reality.

Screams...

Shouts...

Glass...

It was all coming back, again.

I tried to control my breathing as the cashier looked at me with a concerned look on her face. I shook my head and quickly walked towards the counter and grabbed my drink.
It was really hard balancing myself when my head was getting dizzier and my vision was getting blurrier by the second.
I turned around, too quick for my body to react, and accidentally hit someone's chest. The 'steaming hot chocolate' that was meant to be drunk while drawing in my sketchbook beside my bedroom window spilled all over the both of us.

I hissed as the burning sensation spread all over my chest and hand. The person in front of me groaned under their breath, but their voice was clear enough for me to hear. At that moment, I just wanted to dig up a hole in the ground and burry myself in it. So much for no social interactions.

I stood there, still processing the past few events that just occurred. The cashier acted quickly and brought us napkins to wipe our clothes with. I wanted to apologize but the words were stuck as a lump in my throat. I still didn't look at his face but I was able to identify him as a boy, based on his voice and figure.

We both quickly wiped our clothes without looking at one another. I do not like how the atmosphere here feels.
I mastered up the courage to finally spit out the words that wouldn't leave my mouth, and apologized to him.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't see you coming, I should've payed more atten-"

"It's fine. No need for apologizing.", he replied, not letting me finish my apology.

well damn, he sounded annoyed.

I paused for a second. I unintentionally looked up at him, and so did he. We both looked at each other, surprised, as the eye contact caught both of us off guard. A shiver was sent down my spine as I took in his facial features. He had messy black hair, sharp jawline, and dark brown eyes that almost frightened me. I felt as if a heatwave attacked my head, reddening my face, cheeks, and neck. Something about him was very strangely familiar. He was a complete stranger, but his aura gave me a slight feeling that I might have known him before.

At the back of my head, that song started playing. I blinked a couple of times as my head started spinning again and my vision was now getting very blurry. It almost felt like whenever I'll be sitting down for too long and then stand up, only to feel the need to fall on the ground once again.
I suddenly felt all of the oxygen drain out of my lungs as I now couldn't breathe properly.
The boy tilted his head in confusion when he noticed my strange behavior. The song kept playing in my mind, making the pain worse.
The more I looked into his eyes, the more I felt as if my body was giving up on me.

What the hell is going on with me?

I just met this boy and I'm having a panic attack in front of him and I don't even know why. Spectacular.

Nothing like this ever happens whenever I interact with anyone, so why him? What's so strange and different about him that he's causing me to have a panic attack?

At this point I couldn't feel my feet. Right before I could embrace the ground, he held my arm and placed his hand behind my head, preventing my head from hitting the ground.

My breathing slowed down, but I was too late to stop myself from closing my eyes. I already caused a scene and I didn't need any more people surrounding me.

The last thing I heard was that boy's voice as he tried to keep me awake. After that, my vision went completely dark.

"Can you hear me? Gee, this is not what I came here for."

┌───── ✦ 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 ✦ ─────┐

↷ hello everyone! Here's the official first chapter of 'strangers'! I really hope you enjoyed reading it <3

anyways, until my next chapter; stay safe, stay hydrated, eat a lot, love yourself, you're amazing, you're beautiful, have a nice day & I love you ◡̈

— 𝟑𝟏/𝟑/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 —

                             — 𝐋𝐮𝐥𝐮 ✿