𝟑 ✦ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞'𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭

[𝐉'𝐬 𝐋𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐲 - 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲]
ılı.lıllılı.ıllı.
0:00 ─〇───── 0:00
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

⚠️ 𝐓𝐖: 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦 ⚠️

┌───── ✦ 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐢 ✦ ─────┐

my body moved to the rhythm of the piano in his hands. He was playing That song, and I just danced freely to it.
After the song ended, I sat down beside him catching my breath.

"So what are your parents like, ChumSon-ah?", I asked, suddenly becoming curious about his parents since he always comes to the park alone.

"Oh they're just normal, I guess. Both of them work from morning to night, so I don't see them all the time.", he replied.

"Oh, ok."

"What about your parents, Yeou-ssi?", he suddenly asked.

"Oh, I don't know. They always fight. They fight quite a lot.", I replied. He then looked at me with a concerned look.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm used to it.", I said laughing lightly.

It wasn't funny at all. I don't even know why I laughed when I'm breaking on the inside and no one knows.

"Isn't that a bad thing?", he asked with a sad look on his face.

"Well, I don't know. At first I was really scared and sad about it, but now I just see it as a daily routine.", I replied.

He slightly tilted his head to the left and stared into my eyes.

"You know when you watch a really scary movie and then you have bad dreams about it for a few days? I guess that's what it feels like to me, except that I experience this scary movie everyday, and have bad dreams about it everyday. I don't even remember the last time I had a good dream. It's like I'm stuck in this cycle and there's no way out.", I said, breaking the eye contact and staring at my feet.

There was a moment of silence between the both of us. I said way too much. We don't even know each other's names. I scoffed internally. I end up just venting to him about how toxic the household I live in truly is.

His hands suddenly cupped my face, turning it towards him. My eyes widened when his thumbs wiped my unintentional tears. At this rate, I felt as if my heart was pounding out of my chest.
I stared into his eyes and admired his face; brown eyes, in a milk chocolate kind of tone. Smooth skin, with not one flaw in sight. Rosy lips, that held the sweetest of words and compliments. How can an 8 year old look any more perfect?

"Wow! Did you just say long words? I still didn't learn those in school yet!", he said, not quite what I expected him to say, but still, anything from him is more than enough to make me smile.

"Oh yeah, I guess I watch too much tv then.", I said, letting out a small giggle in between my sniffles.

I don't think he really understood what I said. We're both just kids in the end. No one will ever understand how we feel and what we go through.
Do all kids even go through what I experience on the daily basis? Are all parents like this? Do all parents fight this viciously? And in front of their children?

"I'm sorry you go through that, that sounds horrible. But hey, I'll always be here for you if you need someone to talk to. I'll never leave your side, Yeou-ssi.", he said with a reassuring smile.
He all of a sudden pulled my face towards him and placed a small kiss on my cheek.
I looked at him, surprised as I wasn't used to this kind of affection. I was speechless. My face felt very warm as his physical touch came with a very sweet and reassuring feeling of safety and care.