N I N E||

I flop down on my bed mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted. After I ordered an Uber for Jared who took his time telling me his address, I caught a cab for myself and on the ride home thought of what he did.

I wasn't ready for that, after a wrong second or two of that I remember we pushed each other away almost like we realized what we were doing. It felt wrong, but I'd say I liked the feel of his lips on mine for only a second.

Blame it on the tequila.

Things were a bit awkward after that, a major part of me knows how wrong that felt. Almost like I was kissing Julio, the worst scenario that could happen.

He's low-key my homie and that was wrong in so many ways, I just hope he doesn't remember anything seeing how drunk he was.

I slip off my heels, fumble with the buttons of my shirt but give up after the third button and the skirt I just push down and let fall onto the floor.

I slip under my comforter and close my eyes, thankful that we've finally reached the weekend.

For the last month, weekends were my go to, where I'd sleep for most of the day. Since we came back, or when I came back I realized how many meetings we rescheduled and how many we had to deal with on top of that.

To say I was working my back off would be an understatement, and the knots on my back agree with me.

*~*~*~*

"Please make sure you have the centre pieces by Monday, and all the right chairs Luke. Thanks." I sigh as he nods and disappears somewhere.

The Gala is about three days away, and just a week ago Mr Grey had me change the whole decor of the place because he didn't like the colour scheme.

Three months of work all gone down the drain, just because he didn't like the colours and now everything has to be rushed but luckily I had a backup idea to save me.

You don't work for Xander Grey for four months without learning something.

Maneuvering myself past the buzzing people I finally get a chance to step out into the chilly air of September, taking in a deep breath I wallow in the fresh air.

A bunch people brush past me, making me groan. I take a step and lean against the wall closing my eyes, just then I feel a strong presence before me.

"Señorita?" A smile stretches on my lips as I open my eyes.

"Hi sir." I mumble taking him in, it's quite rare that I see him in casual clothes but like always he looks hot anything he wears.

A tight white shirt along with dark blue tight jeans, topped off with a large brown coat with the collar up to protect him from the September weather.

His hair is a bit ruffled up like he's been running his fingers through it a lot, he smirks when he catches me checking him out.

"Are you ready?" He asks, my eyebrows furrow, I glance at the my wristwatch.

14:32

"Oh, sorry. My mind is everywhere." I mumble blushing, "Just give me a second."

I head inside and grab my coat, I spot Luke and give him my clipboard asking him to please take care of the rest for today.

Outside my boss is waiting for me by his signature matt black Audi A8, I walk towards him and shockingly he opens the door for me.

I gape at him for a second, "Since when are you a gentleman?" I blurt out suddenly, my eyes widen gauging his reaction.