F I F T E E N||

Sh*t, I'm late.

Jumping out of bed I stumble on my feet and I'm out of the room and in the bathroom in under a minute.

How come my alarm didn't ring? Or anyone bother to wake me up?

I don't think I've ever taken a shower that quick, I'm out of there in under ten minutes. I quickly brush my teeth, apply dry shampoo to my hair and brush it out.

In the room, I search for my phone and when I find it I realize that the battery is finished but the iPhone still has enough battery, my alarm had just been cancelled.

I quickly get dressed and cake my face in make-up to hide my exhaustion, I send a quick text to Aaron asking for him to please come and pick me up.

For once in my life, I'm out of a house in under thirty minutes, of course I didn't make the bed or eat breakfast but I'll be making it before ten.

Relaxing slightly, I take out my phone and dial Nic's number. It rings twice,

"Morning sleeping beauty." I smile slightly.

"Not funny. I know I'm running late but please tell me you attended to the meetings I missed."

"I did, and I'll attend the rest of the meetings, so you can take the day off." He responds.

"Actually, I still have a ton of work to do. I'll be there in an hour's drive."

"No Rosie, don't come. You don't need to." He nearly yells.

"I still am Nic. Bye." I end the call, sighing.

*~*~*~*

I rushingly walk past the long hallway until I reach the open space that leads to the rest of the doors of this floor.

I turn my handbag and start digging through it for my office keys, I hear a door open but don't focus on it figuring it's just Nicholas.

"I'll get my assistant to set up another meeting for us." I stop the very moment that voice meets my ears.

"Have a good day." Someone else responds, I look up in time to see who I assume is Lucas O'Conner. My supposed half past nine meeting.

He nods at my boss then me and walks past me. Grey and I meet eyes.

I stare.

He stares back.

I don't know if it's visible to him, but my heart is trying it's best to run out of it's place right now. Ten percent because I'm scared out of my life, and the other ninety percent is known yet unknown to me.

I continue staring.

I notice a slight shift in his facial muscles, he's the first to break contact.

"Ten minutes in B6." He turns and disappears past a corner, same time Nic appears from that corner.

He sees the look on my face, "I told you not to come." He shrugs.

"He looks pissed." I whisper, pulling out my keys and unlocking my door. He follows me in and stands by the desk.

"Why would you think that?" He asks, I furrow my eyebrows.

"Aren't you his 'best friend'? The two degrees celsius stare?" I tell him, he laughs.

"What makes it different from his usual stare?" He continues, I take out my notepad and look for the notes I took to prepare for the next meeting.

"His normal 'stare' isn't a stare, it's a glare and it's way warmer than this look. The coldest look I've ever gotten from him was after..." I shut my mouth before I can end that sentence.