N I N E T E E N||

"Hey." I greet as Nic pulls my into a hug.

"He's waiting in B6, and before you ask you aren't late. He's just early." I smile as this reminds me of the first time we met in a way.

"Thanks." I pass by my office and grab my notebook then head to the room.

I walk I with a smile and he stands up immediately and sticks his hand out for. "I'm Jackson Cooper." He introduces.

He looks like he's in his early fifties with peppered hair and a few stress wrinkles over his face.

"Rosaleigh Clarkson, Mr Grey's personal assistant." I return and motion for him to take a seat which I take opposite him.

"I'm not sure if Xander told you but I'm a criminal defense lawyer. I've been in this line of work for thrity five years now, I am the best of the best in the country and I'm happy to be at your service." He smiles but I find it hard to return it.

I remain silent, a criminal defense lawyer?

He's got to be kidding me.

Mr Cooper notices my silence. "I know all about your situation and I can assure you that-"

I scoff, "You know about my situation?" I ask.

"Yes and I-"

"Excuse me for a minute." I stand up and leave without his response and thankfully I find Nic in Mr Grey's office.

"You've got to be kidding me." I state, he looks up from his phone to me then puts his phone away.

"Accept it Rose. There isn't any other way, believe me." I bite on my lip holding back my tears.

"This is why I didn't want him to know. A lawyer Nic? He got me a f*cking lawyer!" I almost yell out.

He's by my side in a second pulling me into a hug, "He's doing this for you Rosie." He reasons.

I shake my head, "I can't afford a lawyer right now, let alone the best in the country." I murmur.

"That's why he's got it all covered, and he knew that you would refuse his help that's why Cooper has already spoken to the court based on what Logan told him."

Of course.

"So for me, yourself and your brother can you please go hear the poor man out." Sighing, I nod my head and pull away.

I really don't want to bring my hopes up.

*~*~*~*

"Rosie." Logan's eyes widen and well up when he sees me.

Instinctively I pull him into a hug, "Hey," I whisper, he tightens his hold on me which tells me that he's trying to hold back his tears.

"Shh, don't worry. I'm here for you." I return, he nods and finally we pull back.

"I brought her if you don't mind. I thought it would help if you had a family member with you." Mr Cooper explains, Logan nods in understanding.

We all take a seat, Mr Cooper managed to get them to give us the cafeteria to ourselves thankfully.

It feels weird being in this kind of environment, it's not a place a sister would wish for her brother even if he put her through sh*t.

Well, not this sister

"Logan I'm going to need you retell me what happened that day and try to not hold back anything okay?" Logan looks at him then me and nods.

The lawyer takes out his phone and places it in the middle of the desk, I assume he's recording everything.