T E N||

I gaze outside in shock, I know the Grey gala has been a hot topic for the last two weeks but I didn't expect there to be a red carpet and dozens of paparazzi.

Mr Grey exits the car and rounds behind then opens my door, the minute I step out I'm blinded by the flashes of cameras.

Mr Grey's arm slips around my waist and pushes me very close to him, his scent wafts around me and the best radiating off him protects me against the cold of the night.

We begin to walk, the flashes continue and questions begin to be thrown at my boss.

"Mr Grey who is accompanying you today?!"

"Will she be like the other models?!"

"Will your–"

The questions end once we enter the two doors, I smile immediately at the lack of noise and bright lights.

I am grateful when I see that everything is perfect, the hall is filled with many people, a lot of celebrities, many known businessmen and women, waiters walk around with trays of drinks and appetizers.

Low murmurs and arrogant laughter a fill the room, with the low play of class music from the orchestra.

All these stop once they notice the arrival of Mr Grey and Nicholas who just arrived besides me.

I watch as everyone looks at him expectantly, he nods just the slightest and then they continue.

A waiter comes to us, I swiftly grab a flute of champagne and my boss a tumbler of whiskey the guy disappears after I softly thank him.

I half expected his arm to move from my waist but it stays, and when I try to move he tightens his grip almost like a warning.

We walk around for a while, a few people stopping us and talking to my boss. Meanwhile I look around the room, to say that most people here are fake would be an understatement.

Many women are by their husbands sides or escorts, they wear expensive dresses and even more expensive jewelry just to stand there and smile.

The men speak so casually with one another but it you can't miss the looks in their eyes that show hatred, the arrogant laughter that scream 'right...', and the smirks on their faces that say claim that they are better than the people they are talking to.

Very few have genuine looks, most directed to their partners.

"Xander!" My boss visibly freezes, I look up at him curiously then try to look behind me.

I feel like I'm looking in a mirror, Grey snr is a literal copy of his son just a bit older looking and the only different feature they have is the colour of their eyes.

Meanwhile my boss's are brown, his are blue.

Mr Grey downs his drink and plants it on a passing tray then turns us around, I notice that his slightly relaxed demeanor is now replaced by a stoic face that shows no emotion at all.

Grey senior takes a few steps towards us, "Should I bother knowing her name?" He asks, looking over at me.

"What do you want Shane?" My boss asks, I take a gulp of my champagne feeling like I'm going to need it.

'Shane' ignores his son's questions and smiles at me, "As you've heard I'm Shane, I presume you are one of my son's many wh–"

"I thought I made it clear that I don't want you anywhere near me and anything that has to do with my business." Mr Grey's hold on my waist tightens as he cuts his father off, and I'm actually quite thankful for it.