Chapter 8-"Evening~!" (REWRITING)

Kurapika was flicking through the notes given to participants of the auction, rather calmly, surprisingly. Leorio, however, was rather troubled with his tasks at the auction.

Kurapika heard a groan of annoyance from Leorio's desk and perked up at the sound. "This is annoying: do I look like I want to make a speech on black market surgery and human trafficking? No, I don't." Leorio swivelled around in his spinny chair as he said so.

"You'll be fine, it's a speech," Kurapika walked over to the desk. He glanced at Leorio's hand briefly; it was trembling slightly and certainly seemed tense. Although hesitantly, he crept his fingers over the top of Leorio's hand and placed his palm over his. "...you're..." Kurapika paused for a moment. 

"You're good at reaching people," Kurapika said more confidently, all whilst giving his boyfriend an innocent yet genuine smile. 

Leorio's hand (unbeknownst to him himself), stopped trembling ever so slightly. But it wasn't enough for Kurapika to miss it, so he clutched his hand tighter, their fingers laced together with reassurance and hesitant but strong affection. 

*

Kurapika now lay on a chair of his own, but his legs stretched across Leorio's lap as he worked. They sparked up conversation every once in a while and even gained the courage to exchange some affectionate acts with each other: small cheek kisses and a few pecks on their lips when one of them would get up (to either get another cup of coffee or to check something somewhere). Quite a large step on the first day of an official relationship, but some things for them, hadn't changed much anyway.

But Kurapika's mind began to wander off back to the flooring in the lobby of the hotel: it was steel and hastily covered up with marble tiles: not an unusual thing from afar, but why was it hollow? Why was there a continuous hum of... something? A ventilator system? No, why would there be anything there anyway? His (technically illegal) investigation of the hotel's layout showed nothing about a cellar, basement or room underneath the lobby, so why...?

Kurapika summoned and stared at the Nen chains snaking up his hand. A dangerous tool he'd acquired through his Nen usage. 

Kurapika would never admit aloud that he had those he was afraid to lose: "I do not fear death. I fear only that my anger will fade over time."

These lies rolled off his tongue so smoothly and without obstruction, it scared him. 

One wrong move and he'd die; one wrong move, anyone he loved would die an unbearable death. Which side would snap under the weight of misfortune brought by fate? Which side would suffer?

"..pika? Kurapika, sunshine, are you listening?" Kurapika jolted at an unexpected interference. 

"Oh, whoops," Kurapika instantly felt less intense in thought. "Sorry about that, handsome, just a bit tired." Kurapika teased Leorio just a bit but blushed at why and what he was doing himself.

Leorio just laughed a bit in response, making Kurapika's heart flutter ever so slightly. "Alright, then, sunshine, but if you need coffee for being tired, just ask. We have to get those uniforms on."

Kurapika nodded: he wanted to enjoy this bliss just for a little longer.

***

He was livid. No, he was fuming, livid, angry, frustrated.

The hotel had given him the female uniform. He stared at the pencil skirt and then the pleated one in the little bag, then angrily threw it across the room, almost hitting his lover in the back of the head. 

"What the fuck, sunshine-" Leorio cut off, and glanced at the bag Kurapika had thrown and simply burst out laughing. 

Kurapika gave him a firm smack where the bag would've landed just previously.

"Oy... alright, I'll ask the reception for the correct one." Leorio sighed in defeat and left the room after pecking Kurapika on the cheek.

*

Kurapika stood in the corridor of the line of hotel rooms on this floor, his back leaning on the door and whilst fiddling with the "Do Not Disturb" sign on their hotel door from last night. Kurapika flushed slightly upon remembering that night and simply began to absent-mindedly stare out of the corridor window opposite their hotel room door.

But the city scenery outside wasn't the only thing that caught his eye: the presence of absurd Nen was only 10 rooms across. It was a bloodthirsty and violent use of Nen that was unsettling to be near. It was not run wild on its own, however, an equally familiar aura accompanied it, that picked, scratched, etched and crept along the hairs of Kurapika's neck like the tip of a needle against skin.

Kurapika edged around the corner and stared at room 669: a familiar pinkish and stretchy substance looped around the door handle, practically glueing the door shut: regardless of the fact that the door had a lock that was so much simpler to use...

A handful of pins abruptly followed this peculiar sight, piercing the door effortlessly and completely silently. A few loud bangs were heard and maybe a little crash or two. 

Kurapika raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Further banging and crashing was heard at a steady pace...and maybe a few muffled complaint noises and groans and...

Kurapika quickly caught on and hurried back to his room door. For the first time in his life, he prayed for Illumi Zoldyck, knowing his own legs had ached (minutely to what the Zoldyck was experiencing as of present) only hours ago,

He saw a figure coming up the stairs: Leorio had returned with a uniform in his hands. 

"Come on, sunshine, we got places to be."

***he got dressed and all blah blah***

Leorio locked the hotel door with the key and placed it in his briefcase. Kurapika watched his every move, making sure the next thing he did was not stupid. 

Don't couples walk like...? After careful consideration, he clutched Leorio's arm, his face flushed pink and rather warm. Leorio paused but returned the gesture gladly by simply smiling and walking on.

Just a little longer, Kurapika thought. A little longer being happy, being with him...

~

~

~

AY, MMMM, SOME FLUFF AND... implications. Whew, my mind is being fried...willingly, though. Ok, so from here on out, there probably won't be much fluffy interaction, and it's more plot now~

But it'll (hopefully) be good anyway~!

Have a good day/night everyone~! (◡‿◡✿)

~

~

~

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Sayonara さようなら ♥

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

【 ༒Kusari༒ 】 ♥き価虞 ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~

<---【 ༒тάʲ𝕣Ⓘⓐภ༒ 】 ♥き価虞 ♥ --->