Hotel PT.2 🍋

"Oi!" Leorio began gently shaking Kurapika awake. "Kurapika, we're here."

Kurapika shuffled around on the seat. "I don't wanna get up..."

"Well, you have to." Leorio continued to shake the blonde awake. "We're arriving in 5 minutes, Pika; if you don't get up, I'm leaving you on the train."

Kurapika shot up. "Ok. I'm up-"

"Good-" Leorio was cut off my the automated speaker on the train.

"May all passengers for Station 7S please standby. The train will be arriving shortly."

"-point proven." Leorio finished his sentence.

Time skip to when they've gotten off the train and are about to enter the hotel bc I'm lazy and the chapter is going to boringly long if I don't use this time skip

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Kurapika, you've got your luggage, right?"

"Yeah," Kurapika rolled the suitcase across the path to meet Leorio who was standing by the entrance of the hotel.

Leorio began rolling his suitcase onto the marble floor, a rather papery sound....only to jolt into an almost silent sound that was smooth.

Kurapika stopped and thought about it.

The doors of the hotel opened to reveal a place covered in gold and riches and decorated with chandeliers. But there were a number of things that Kurapika found that wasn't right with this place:

•1. The floor was made of stainless steel, presumably covered with marble for some reason.

•2. There was only one door leading directly outside on this side of the building.

•3. The floor was hollow.

Kurapika didn't have loads and loads evidence to prove it, but he did have a single point:

When they moved their suitcases across the floor, the sound changed drastically. The sound of wheels on a hollowed out surface would create a sound with a echoey and cloudy effect. However, wheels on a solid surface would have a silent and smooth sound because of the marble tiles.

Kurapika walked to sit on a couch in the lobby, placing his foot on a particular marble tile.

He gave the tile a sharp tap with his foot and received a reverbed sound.

.

.

.

Knock.

There was an echo that bounced back, indicating there was something down there.

Kurapika stumbled back and gripped his suitcase as defense. There was something down there. Why? Was it to keep people out?

Or was it to keep something in?

"Kurapika!" Leorio's voice made Kurapika snap out of his thoughts. "What the hell are you doing?"

There was a pause. "...inspecting the suitcase." Kurapika deadpanned at his excuse, but he was much too tired to think.

Leorio blinked and spun the keys on his finger. "I see." Leorio, did in fact, not see. "Let's go, we're in room 659."