5: Nighttime drives and Nicotine

⦿ Request by: pseudonym00 (for Leorio to show his soft side too ^^ )
⦿ Play the above song on loop while you read: (right click for loop or press settings>additional settings>loop on mobile)!
⦿ Main lyrics for this chapter are "We went for a drive, 2:30 in the morning, I kissed you, it was pouring."
⦿ Description of vomit, cigarettes, smoking adiction

----------------------------------------------------

Kurapika acted drunk on the bliss. Some sort of fleeting happiness of playing a kind play-pretend family. With who? The man in question was no other than Leorio himself. 

Leorio even took Kurapika to events with him, to aid Kurapika's gathering of infomation during the day; then they would sit in the living-room in the evening after eating dinner and converse whilst completing their respective work.

Most days were like this, and they both enjoyed the peace and quiet amongst them. 

.

It was early in the morning. So early that Leorio was still on his overnight shift and would get off at 9am. It gave Kurapika 2-3 hours of alone time this morning. He didn't mind it and went out to do some chores.

He swiftly unlocked and re-locked the door, with a sealed trashbag in his hand, and made his way to the elevator with it, to throw go and throw it outside. 

He was walking when he heard a soft little click from behind him, one of his and Leorio's neighbours had also stepped outside a handbag over her shoulder and in office attire.

Kurapika paused and pressed the button to keep the lift doors open for her and let go once she was inside.

She breathed a sigh of relief and thanked Kurapika with a smile before pausing to continue, "Oh, you're the neighbour's boyfriend, aren't you?"

Kurapika coughed and blushed. "Excuse...me?"

She smiled warmly at him again. "I apologise, was I wrong?"

Kurapika breathed in, taking a moment to consider his answer and smiled sheepishly back at her. "Not exactly."

She looked confused for a moment but shook her head lightly and decided not to pry. "I see. I apologise again. Me and my fiancé see you two together so often, but saw no ring on your finger, so I assumed as much. My fiancé barely believes it though..." 

Kurapika perked up a little at the word fiancé, which didn't go unnoticed by the woman and she giggled and showed him her left hand adorning a simple loop of silver, "We're getting married the coming summer."

Kurapika was embarrassed that he showed a bit too much interest at the mention of her fiancé, but quickly softened and replied with, "Congratulations."

Her face lit up, and she giggled a bit again, "Thank you."

A few moments of regular silence passed and the lift doors opened to the ground floor. They conversed a few minutes more as they walked outside into the parking lot together. 

"If you don't mind me asking," The woman said, "Are you and the doctor next door in a relationship at all?"

Kurapika tensed briefly, but relaxed and shook his head, "I don't mind at all. And..."

He tensed again, but this time it was his voice that seemed to stiffen and catch in his throat.

"In some form of the word, yes." Kurapika said, eventually, with an enigmatic smile, to which the woman replied with a weary smile of her own.

"I see. Then, I hope it goes well, regardless of what it is."

They both paused but the silence dissolved into a fit of laughter between them. They reached the front door, and parted ways with a simple goodbye.