Part 6

~~~Ella POV~~~

I didn't know what to do. I felt like I should leave, but looking at him... He just looks so sad, heart broken. But I was shitting myself. I still have the same feelings for him, but I'm terrified. "I..." I tried to speak, but no other words would come out. The second I made a noise he looked at me, hope in his eyes. I just couldn't do it. I slowly stood up and walked away. He didn't try and stop me. He kept his word. He just let me leave. I made my way down stairs, trying to stay calm. As soon as I made it outside the building, I dropped to my knees and started crying. Big ugly sobs. What has my life come to? A vampire. He is a fucking vampire.

I was too busy sobbing that I didn't see him walk up to me. By the time he grabbed me there was nothing I could do but scream. I screamed so loud it hurt my ears. I was being taken. And I was defenceless against his strength. He smelled terrible, like death. Soon I will have the same smell. Is my life over?

~~~Koda POV~~~

Even being on the 15th floor I heard her scream. My heart sunk. I just know that he took her. I boosted it downstairs, just in time to see him throw her in his shitty van and drive off. Xavier took Ella. I'm going to kill him. I quickly got in my car and went after them. I knew where he was taking her. I imagine I will have a lot of speeding tickets for today, but I don't care. I have to save her. By the time I got there, I could smell blood. My anger intensified. I barged into the room, he had hurt her real bad, and he has been feeding off of her. "You son of a bitch!" I growled as I put myself between her and him.

"Koda?" Ella's voice was so quiet and scared. "It's okay Ella. I'm here now." I said as I glanced back at her. "She's as good as dead." Xavier spat as he spoke. "I am going to kill you. This was the last straw." I said through gritted teeth. He just laughed at me. I lunged forward, tackling him to the ground. I started punching him over and over again. I've never killed a person before, but I am ready to do it. I could hear Ella whimpering behind us. I need to deal with him real quick. I need to help her. I punched him until he was unconscious, then I reached for the knife he had dropped.

I was poised and ready to strike, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I sat back in defeat, dropping the knife. I quickly rushed to Ella's side, untying her from the chair. There was blood everywhere. I ignored the smell. "Here. You need to drink this." I said as I made a small cut on my wrist. One thing about being a vampire, our blood heals. She resisted at first, then as she was succumbing to her injuries she stopped fighting me. She passed out right after drinking the blood. I scooped her up out of the chair and carried her to my car. At least this area of town is pretty vacant. I put her in the car and drive back home. This was definitely a time to use the back entrance.

I put her on my bed and sat down beside her, waiting for her to wake up. Her injuries were already healing, they were mostly gone. Then she started to move. "Ella?" I asked quietly as I grabbed her hand. She sat upright, freaking out, looking around the room. "It's okay, you're safe. You're okay." I said trying to soothe her as I pulled her into a hug. She just balled her eyes out. "I'm so sorry. I am so, so sorry." I said as I gently ran my hand over her hair. She cried for ages, when she started to calm down she remembered that she was injured. She started checking where all the injuries were.

She looked up at me confused. "I healed you." I said simply, her eyes just went wide. "You were too hurt. I had to. I'm sorry." She freaked out more. "What did you do to me?" She asked as she moved away from me. "No, no. It's not what you think. I didn't turn you. Vampire blood if consumed heals injuries. It doesn't turn you. Well, it can. But that's only if you dye with it in your system." She then jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom to throw up. I gently rubbed her back while she did. "I had no choice. I couldn't let you die." I said as she rinsed her mouth out. "I want to go home." Was all she said in response. "I think you should stay here tonight. Just to be safe." She instantly shook her head.