#7

• | • | •

We made it back to the room where we left our stuff and Sam and Colby decided to film an information bit for their video. I didn't need to be in it, so I just sat down on one of the chairs and just watched while Nate filmed them.

A few minutes after the guys finished, Alex returned, "You ready to start your tour?" he asked.

We all enthusiastically said yes and then followed Alex back to where we first entered the castle. I brought my notebook with me as I had a feeling I would need it. The four of us stood on one side of a room and I was standing between Sam and Colby while Alex stood opposite us.

"Do you mind just introducing yourself again for the camera," Sam asked as he started filming.

"My name is Alex Priscu. I've taken care of the castle for the past 12 years" he introduced himself. "it was all built-in 1377 and it was built as a military fortress, it had soldiers inside its main purpose was to control the old borderline separating Transylvania from Wallachia. It was a military fortress for almost 500 years without ever being invaded, occupied, destroyed or you name it. Although, throughout the history, there were massive Ottoman, Turkish, invasions".

He then moved and pointed to the white walls, "Everything you see behind the white plaster is absolutely original".

"Wow," the guys said in sync.

"That's pretty amazing," I said feeling the wall behind me.

Alex then motioned to the ground, "I think most of the wood is from the very beginning".

"What? It's like 600/700-year-old wood?" Sam asked in astonishment.

"How has it not rotted away?" I asked tapping my foot against the floor.

"The step, yes, the steps, the wooden steps and some of the doors are even older than the family that came in," Alex told us.

"Dude, that's mind-blowing," Nate said looking genuinely amazed.

"It's so crazy right," I said agreeing with Nate.

Alex kept talking but I suddenly got the feeling we were being watched so I zoned out to focus on who or what it was. I couldn't quite figure out what it was, it didn't feel like it wanted to hurt us just curious. The guys started walking away disrupting my concentration.

"Something is here watching us" I quickly spoke up drawing everyone's attention, "It doesn't feel aggressive but I don't know what it is".

The guys looked between each other a bit startled before Alex spoke up, "If people are looking for thrills, this province can offer you some really... excited ones".

Nate, Colby, Sam and I looked between each other at what Alex had just said but then he continued to speak.