03. The Dream Team

"One for the money two for the show
I never was ready so I just watched you go"

"One for the money two for the showI never was ready so I just watched you go"

CLUBS WERE NEVER ROSALIND'S THING, ESPECIALLY NOT IN THE POURING RAIN.

She stood under the small covering the front of the Iceberg Lounge had, arms around herself. It was freezing. Riding here on a motorcycle in the rain certainly didn't help. Neither did what she was wearing.

Rosalind didn't own "club clothes." The last time she had even been to a club was in college. It simply wasn't her scene. Yet here she was wearing tight black pants, a deep cut dark green buttoned top, and boots. At least she had a jacket over it. The Bat had told her to blend in and that's what she planned on doing.

He had briefed her on the way there. She would go in first and scope things out, then he would follow. They would get to the Penguin to ask him what he knew, then get the hell out. Simple enough. She had those weird contacts in her eyes and an earpiece hooked up just in case they lost each other in the club. Not that it would be hard to lose him in a crowd.

The doors opened and Rosalind straightened up, flashing a smile to the man at the door. The red lights inside the club fell on her like a spotlight. The loud music wafted through the sounds of the rain.

"Hi," She said. "It's bloody freezing out here, if I could just-"

"Hold on there babe," he cut her off, looking her up and down. "And why exactly should I let you in?"

"You need to get in there," The Bat's voice came through her earpiece.

Rosalind frowned and put her hands on her hips, letting her unzipped jacket open up a bit more, showing off what she hoped looked good enough to get in. Men were stupid, she knew how to use that to her advantage.

"Uh, because it's pouring," She said. "And oh, I don't know, I'm a paying customer? Do- do you know who I am?" She almost cringed as she said it.

"Seriously?" His voice rang through her ear. "What happened to worrying about being recognized?"

Rosalind couldn't help but notice that he was a lot more talkative this way. Someone else appeared in the doorway and Rosalind blinked. Was she seeing double or were they just twins? She thought quickly.

"Oh wow," She said. "Two for the price of one? Must be my lucky day."

The newer twin smirked at her, pushing his brother out of the way to let her in.

"Aw c'mon," He said. "Let the girl in, huh?"

He let Rosalind step inside, looking her up and down. She smiled politely then tried to make her way further into the club but he stepped in front of her.

"Woah, hey," He said. "Now hold on a sec. Sorry about my brother there, he's a bit of a hard ass."

"Hm, no kidding," Rosalind replied, keeping her flirty persona.