04. Cat Got Your Tongue

"Some poor souls more that are whining
six shots in the back thanks for the attack"

"Some poor souls more that are whiningsix shots in the back thanks for the attack"

ROOFTOPS IN THE RAIN ARE A LOT LESS FUN THAN THEY SOUND.

Rosalind shivered slightly, pulling her jacket tighter around herself as she stood next to Bruce, now dressed in civilian clothes once again. He glanced down at her, the bottom half of his face was covered and the black makeup made his blue eyes stand out even in the dim light.

"You don't have to stay, Rosie." He told her, taking binoculars out of his backpack. "You've helped me more than enough tonight. I can call you a cab or-"

"Of course I'm staying you idiot," She huffed. "I'm not letting you do this alone. You know I worry. Besides, I'm too invested in this now. It's just bloody cold in the rain."

He paused for a moment before shrugging off his own jacket. Rosalind began to protest as he draped it over her shoulders. But he ignored her and turned away to look through the binoculars at Selina's apartment across from them.

"God I hope no one sees this," Rosalind mumbled. "You look so creepy right now."

Although she couldn't see as well without the binoculars, Rosalind had a good view of the apartment. The windows were big enough to make out the faint figures of a girl. Selina burst in a moment later and embraced her. The two spoke quickly in hushed tones. From their body language Rosalind could tell they were scared. But of what... that was still to be determined.

They watched in a hushed silence as Selina made her way into the other room. She took off her wig and the shoes that Rosalind was still jealous of. It wasn't until she started to change her clothes did Rosalind smack the binoculars away from Bruce's face.

"Don't be a fucking perv!" She snapped at him.

"I wasn't!" He replied.

"Then don't watch her change!"

"You were too."

By the time they looked back Selina had changed into a black suit and was climbing out the window. She expertly slid down the fire escape and sauntered off into the alley below.

"Let's move," Bruce said, nudging her shoulder.

They were off once more. Rosalind held tight as they followed Selina's motorcycle. She stopped at the mayor's house.

The Bat was back. Rosalind made to follow him but he stopped her with a hand on her shoulder. He shook his head.

"Wait at the bike," He told her. "It's too much of a risk for you to sneak in there."

"And it's not a risk for you?" She scoffed. "What about the club?"

"It's easier to explain to the press why Rosalind Pennyworth was at a nightclub than why she's breaking and entering a recent murder scene." he replied. "Wait here. Stay alert."