15. Riddle Me This

"I'd tried saving the world
but then I got bored"

"I'd tried saving the worldbut then I got bored"

ROSALIND WASN'T ALLOWED UPSTAIRS.

Even Gordon shook his head at her when she tried to follow Batman towards the building. He put his hand on her shoulder and pulled her back.

"Just in case," He told her. "If he needs you I'll have someone fetch you. In the meantime... Martinez! C'mere."

An officer jogged up to them. Rosalind couldn't help but notice about 90% of Gotham's police had mustaches. At least this one was kind of cute. He seemed to recognize her right away and gave her a polite nod. Rosalind returned it and looked past him. She saw Selina slink around a corner and she frowned. Who knew when she would see the woman again.

"Keep an eye on her." Gordon told Martinez.

"I don't need a babysitter, Mustache." Rosalind huffed.

"And I don't need you disrupting a crime scene, kid," Gordon replied, pointing at her like he was scolding a child. "Not yet anyway. So stay put."

Gordon took off with a group of police towards the building. Rosalind sighed and turned back to Martinez. They watched as Falcone's body was taken away.

"I hate doing this," Martinez broke the silence. "But I just want to say. What you went through the other day, that was... crazy. You're kind of a badass. Like all these years you've been in the news I assumed you were just like, some bookworm. But you've been hanging around with Batman and now all this... it's pretty cool. You're pretty cool."

"Thank you," Rosalind said. "I... I try."

"And I gotta ask." He continued. "Was that you with Bruce Wayne at the mayor's memorial?"

"Yes," Rosalind raised an eyebrow at him.

"So..." He shrugged. "You and Wayne? Is that over? Or are you with the Bat now?"

Rosalind just stared at him. She was too tired for this.

"...I love your books." Martinez said.

Rosalind choked back a snort as a woman rushed up to them and grabbed Martinez's arm.

"I just saw," She panted. "Saw someone come down from the building right after the shot. I think it was him-"

"Which way did he go?" Martinez demanded.

"Towards the diner," The woman pointed down the street. "He went inside just a minute ago."