13. Leap Of Faith

"Hey you rue the day you
kissed a writer in the dark"

"Hey you rue the day you kissed a writer in the dark"

IT WAS QUIET IN THE CAR.

Neither of them spoke as Bruce, now Batman, drove to the meeting spot. It was a slightly awkward silence, mainly because they knew that they were both thinking about the same thing.

The kiss.

Unfortunately, this could not have happened to a worse pair. The two most stubborn people in Gotham were waiting for the other to bring it up first which meant it was probably never going to be mentioned ever again.

Rosalind was full of confusion, the same thoughts from before swimming in her head. Why would he do that? Why did he do that? ...And why didn't she mind so much? She hoped he didn't think she was upset about it. Her reaction hadn't been regret or disgust: it was shock.

Bruce on the other hand had been internally panicking ever since it happened.

He had been so good at keeping these feelings under wraps. He had done it for years, just over a decade. But she had been so close, so warm, so her. He cursed whatever spell she had cast on him when they were young to make him feel like this for so long.

They were friends, best friends. Bruce knew she relied on him, trusted him. He couldn't help but feel that he had betrayed her trust. She hadn't pushed him away, but the look on her face after... he was sure he had made a huge mistake. She had just been through a traumatic experience and needed comfort, not... whatever he did.

Their friendship would never be the same after this and it was his fault. But he could never forget the feeling of her lips, of her body against his, of how he wanted to-

Bruce blinked rapidly, focusing on the road. There were more important things to think about.

Rosalind glanced at him, watching him drive. He looked like Batman but she knew Bruce for long enough that she could read his eyes like a book. Those eyes were undoubtedly Bruce's. She could tell he was thinking hard, his mind as full as hers was. Maybe they should talk about it. Rosalind opened her mouth to speak-

"We're here," he said, stopping the car. "What is...?"

Rosalind turned to look where he was looking. Gordon was getting out of his car on the other side of the alley looking as confused as they were as he walked over to them. Batman got out of the car.

"I saw the signal," Batman said. "That's not you?"

"I thought it was you," Gordon replied before taking out his gun and looking up at the scaffolding.

They started to head towards the elevator. Rosalind got out of the car and followed them. Gordon turned to look at her in surprise. He sighed when he realized who it was.

"Christ, kid." He said. "I don't know why I'm so surprised you'd show up. Gave the whole city a scare last night. I was about to track the guy down myself. Shouldn't you be resting? Are you alright? "