• DRAMA DILEMMA •

11:43 p

11:43 p.m.

Read the bedside clock. Dani was already fast asleep and snoring on the bedroll. Today she had come home early, and tomorrow, the library job wouldn't start until six in the evening. Dani would be at his parents'. So, she could sleep in.

Her eyelids started to flutter violently, and the heaviness demanded her to get into bed immediately.

But with a half-mind, she decided to go over the mails she had for the internship.

Over the last five days since the warning meeting with professor Holly, she had been trying to find any job she could get. Frostford was the most prestigious academia one could ever find in the world. So, its students were offered internships from the best firms, associations, and companies worldwide.

After all, the Academy was nurturing some of the best artists, doctors, scientists, lawyers, entrepreneurs, and others that would take over the world. Some would even be world leaders.

But there was a catch.

Most of these high-end companies and firms were petty. They did not pay their interns at all. But made them work a seven-hour work day from two to nine.

So, Alex had to step back from the thing. Her grades were outstanding, among the best in Salvatore Lake. Many companies were willing to hire her throughout her tenure of three past years.

But working long hours without being paid and being unable to do any other paid job on the side due to lack of time and need to study didn't seem practical. She needed money to support herself. No one was gonna pay for her instead.

But there was a big dilemma. Not abiding by the rule to work for a yearlong internship could risk the scholarship.

There were indeed some firms willing to hire for paid internships. But they were the best of the best that demanded blood, sweat, and tears. The most renowned in the world. One could count them on the finger and would merely count up to two or three.

The last time any of them hired an intern was five years ago.

They rarely hired interns. To them, hiring an experienced graduate was more easily maintainable and economical than getting a rookie whose every step had to be followed and corrected.

Oh! Who were you kidding! They were world-class professionals. They didn't have the time on their hands to run around the amateurs and teach them law instead of solving more complicated cases and handling clients.

In her junior and sophomore years, she had tried to apply relentlessly. But when she got no response, she gave up altogether. Never tried again and settled for smaller ones. She knew that it was in vain.

Alex groaned in frustration. It irked her so intensely, that she wanted to slam her head into a wall and get rid of this headache.

 It irked her so intensely, that she wanted to slam her head into a wall and get rid of this headache