• THE FORGOTTEN AUBADE •

"My my! Will you stop please killing me every time with your finger-licking delicacies every time Dani, my love! This was simply the best Chicken Alfredo I ever stuffed

"My my! Will you stop please killing me every time with your finger-licking delicacies every time Dani, my love! This was simply the best Chicken Alfredo I ever stuffed." Liam groaned as he held his aching full-tummy.

Dani chuckled as he placed the dried tumbler back on the shelf.

Today, they had a nice, celebratory dinner as Alex got paid today. And quite well, she would say. She was confident that never in her life she had seen so much money together in her bank account. She paid the bills in full on time this month.

Even the landlady was shocked that this month's rent was not delayed. Her face had been a sight to see for Alex. She had not been able to help her lips from twitching into a sinister smirk as she had slapped the money to her chest and slammed the door on her face.

Although she was never the type to disrespect anyone, especially the elders. But the old hag was already always getting on her nerves. Even for the most petty reasons- which might not even include rent. And she knew how Alex could never react back as that shoebox of an apartment was all she could afford.

Well, even the neighbors didn't like her shrill screeching and cockiness all day. So that, had given a slight victorious satisfaction inside.

"Want some ice-cream?", she asked.

"Yeah. . ." , dragged every syllable as a yawn escaped his mouth, "We could use some of that!"

"But we don't have any." Dani yelled from the kitchen.

Alex jumped up her feet and threw on her hoodie and grabbed some money. She quickly moved to step out of the apartment.

Liam, who was fixing the bed and the couch for his sleepover at their place, frowned and ran to her to stop her from moving, "Hey! Don't tell me you are going out this late at night just for an ice-cream!

We can have some tomorrow, ya know. I didn't mean it had to be tonight."

"Don't worry, dumpling! I will just walk out, grab a tub and walk back in. It's as simple as that!" She assured.

As she turned back to head out, Dani grabbed his sneakers and placed his hand on her shoulder to stop her.

"I am tagging along, then!" he announced.

But, he only received a cold glare.

"Dani!" she lowly hissed. Her tone was laced with warning.

Her face was etched into a pretentiously sweet but rough smile, and her squinted eyes were cold and shallow. They spelled warning. They seem to yell, "Stay still!"

"It is still dark out at 9:30 p.m. As an adult, I cannot take you kids out with me. So, be good boys. And. stay. still. and. stay. in. Both of you!" She whispered it as a command as she waved her index finger between the both of them. And then stepped out of the apartment.