• CRYING OVER SPILT MILK •

The ceramic hotpot dropped from Dani's hands and shattered into pieces

The ceramic hotpot dropped from Dani's hands and shattered into pieces. The drops of the hot soup pierced through his skin as it splashed on the floor. But that was not Dani was worried about.

"So, this is what she has been making out of you, huh! A manservant. "

His parents had suddenly barged into the small apartment where he was living a peaceful life with Alex.

He was doing just fine without them. Why did they have to turn up here to disrupt their life?

"What is the matter with you, son? Wouldn't you welcome us into our own son's home? "

His mother's "sincere question" came out sardonic. Her face was wretchedly smirking at her helpless son who was left on the door dumbfounded.

Alex would be home anytime now. He absolutely never wanted her to meet any of those people again who had a hand in her trauma. And his parents were the two of the main culprits.

"Why are you here? "

He was angry on their sheer audacity to show up so shamelessly.

"Why, can a parent not visit their own son's home? ", cooed his mother.

" It's not my home! This apartment is owned by Alex! "

"Yeah, we know! That faggot can only buy this rat hole for herself. I bet even this isn't hers. She's on rent, isn't she?"

His mother bumped his shoulders and walked past forcibly into the apartment despite Dani's protest.

The whole time, his father kept quiet. But his displeasure wasn't hidden too with the grimace on his face.

His mother walked around the living room and roamed her eyes, soaking in every part of the house. Nothing seemed decent and many things makeshift.

Cheap bitch! She thought.

Then she peeked into the kitchen and was infuriated when she saw something being cooked on the stove.

She snapped her head to face Dani and scorned, "I did not send you to do things that a man should not. Be a man, Dani. What's with all this cooking and stuff? "

"There is nothing unmanly in wanting to cook. I wanna study to become a chef after I graduate high school. Why don't you get it?"

"Oh! So now your mother is not getting anything! Why don't you get it that we just don't want you to be a failure in life like that faggot. ", she threw her arms up as she smirked.

Dani scoffed.

" Which one are you talking about? "

Slap!

"If I have been keeping quiet, it is only because you are my son and I don't want to break your bones!! "

It was his father this time. So mercilessly he had slapped his own son, Dani couldn't help but feel pathetic.

His palms rubbed his reddened cheek to soothe the area as his father kept yelling.

"You nasty little thing have been testing my patience ever since you stepped foot in this rat's home.

First you go and live with her without our permission. And then, you go out and do such a scandalous sin abhorred by true Christians. Loving a man? My foot.

Listen to me Danielle Smith! I, your father William Smith, want you to come back with us to London right this moment. "

Danielle's eyes widened at his father. His father, William, was fuming at his son.

"No! " He muttered. "You cannot force me. I am a legal adult and I can live wherever and however I want! "

"Son! " Edla, his mother cupped his cheeks and looked at him with pleading eyes, "She is manipulating you, my dear Danielle. That woman is insane. She is mad. She is making you believe in ungodly things which are wrong. "

Her cold hands then held his as she whispered, "Come with us. We will send you to the best university. We will give you anything you want. That woman is sick. She will ruin you with her illness. She is slagging you around and doesn't even have any money to take care of you! "

" . . . . . "

"Your sister misses you. Ever since she woke up, she has been wanting to see your handsome face. "

"I have only one sister. Alexandra. And all I want is for you to leave us alone as you did always.

She will be back soon. Please go. "

Dani's tone was final. He moved forward to go back to dinner that was preparing.

He wanted them to go away as far as they could. If they had really kicked him out of their lives, he did not want to return too.

And most importantly, he was afraid they would harass Alex again if they saw her after all these years.

His father behind was furious when his son ignored him. He growled as he yanked his hair back.

"Akh!!! "

"Danielle, you want to live with that ugly midget, I -"

Suddenly, the door slamming boomed in the apartment.

And that's when Dani felt any real fear that day.

Alex was home.

She was home when he had not yet succeeded in driving his parents out of the apartment.

"Long time no see, Mr & Mrs. Smith. "