Caesar Clown.

🎙️

"So, tell us Caesar-ya. Was it hard to get the role?"

"Not really. Shiururururu. My agent called me with the news. I'm not going to lie, I was the perfect cast."

Law peeked over at his notes. "It says here you were playing a maniacal scientist who drugged and experimented on children."

On the other end of the table, Caesar shrugged. "I'm not a method actor, so I don't see a problem."

"Don't listen to him, Caesar, he's got a permanent stick up his ass," Kid turned in. "The movie was cool. I actually watched it till the end."

"Which is a huge compliment coming from him." Law couldn't resist biting. "He usually sleeps through everything. He's worse than my cat."

"You know who else sleeps through everything, Trafalgar? People you have sex with."

"That's not true."

"Oh, because they don't exist. I'll give you that."

Law let out an exasperated sigh into his mic.

Who would have thought a drunken suggestion slurred in a corner of a pub on a Friday night could lead to all this. It seemed like Ace - now their business manager - had his best ideas come to him only while drunk out of his mind, watching Law and Kid have another go at insulting each other's mothers.

"You two should start a podcast," Ace said back then from above a mug of beer. "Conflict. Insults. Sexual tension. People would listen to that."

Law had brushed it off at first, but then realized it might not be as horrid an idea as he first thought. Between studying on his own and taking extra courses to get into medical school, there were gaps in his schedule that could be filled with an innocent side-gig that hopefully wouldn't turn into a tiring chore after a while.

And what sealed the deal was how little convincing Kid needed to sign up for it. Law had guessed that what played a huge factor was extra money - something that Kid never had enough of.

With time, they got a grip on how to run the episodes. When to talk themselves, and when to let the guests ramble. And when to take an occasional snap at each other to remind the listeners of the, now famous, animosity between them.

People listened to them while stuck in traffic, facing yet another week of hustle and deadlines, procrastinating instead of turning in homework, or when they desperately needed a laugh - and they made sure to leave all the details in the comments. Or so Kid kept saying, for he was the one reading them. Law never bothered. Seeing a steady income at the end of the week was enough satisfaction for him.

Law checked his watch. It was time to wrap it up.

"On the ending note, I'm going to ask you a question we always ask our guests," Law said, adding an ominous tone to his voice. The voice that, he'd been told a lot of times, caused both jealousy and arousal in people, and which Law loved to use to his advantage.

"And you better answer honestly, Caesar. No bullshitting. I'm gonna know," Kid added. His voice was rougher, wilder, with the sort of sexy raspiness to it, and it had an equally fierce fanbase. As Ace had put it one time, both Kid and Law had all the right equipment for a podcast.

Caesar laughed and brushed his hair aside. "Go on."

"Do you think you were the villain?" Law asked with a slight smirk. The answer that was to come was the peak of every episode, with each actor who had played the role of a stereotypical villain in their movies having a different opinion on their own character. If they denied their evil deeds, claiming they were misunderstood and in reality meant well - all the better for the ratings.