Keep Them Coming.

🎙️

Straightening out his tie, Law went back to the main area. The stage was empty, meaning the band was on a break, probably stuffing themselves in the buffet along with the rest of the guests.

Looking for a mass of crimson hair above the crowd, Law started making his way across. At least the lights were on again, letting him see the faces of people he was elbowing in the guts.

He had no idea what he was going to say once he found Kid. I'm sorry? Good luck? Nice outfit? None of his thoughts seemed to help.

The haze cleared up a little bit, and Law found himself almost up at the stage.

"Here, Law!" Robin called out to him from her table. Her wavy hair was let down and spread on her shoulders, merging in with a classic black dress. Alongside her, Franky just emptied a can of Cola and set it down among the countless other cans. "Is something wrong?"

"What? No... No, everything is fine." Law's words tangled in his mouth. Despite the obvious stress she was under, worrying about the details of the party and whether everything goes according to her schedule, she was radiating happiness and it took Law a moment to snap out of his obvious staring.

"Are you leaving already?" Robin asked. Her smile dropped a little, but she wouldn't blame him. She never pushed him to do things she knew he didn't want to do. "I bet you have lots of studying."

"Studying?"

"For your exam."

It was as if a cold wave washed over him, drenching from the top of his head all the way to the tip of his toes. She knew about his exam? Then Law thought again.

Of course she knew. She was smart, and she actually listened to people when they talked. Connecting the dots would be child's play, considering that Law never focused on covering up his life plans. He just omitted the fact that he was preparing for an important exam, and neither Kid nor Ace ever pressed the matter of his extra classes. But every time Robin was filling in Law's schedule for the week, she must have wondered what he was studying.

And there was this whole med school leak; the courtesy of Caesar who deemed it appropriate to let the whole audience and their mothers know about Law's goals.

Law almost smiled. He expected nothing less from Robin. But he still felt awful for patronizing her and her intelligence.

"You know about it?" he finally asked.

She only shrugged gracefully and tilted her head to the side. "I presume you're looking for Kid."

"Yes... Yes, I am. And I'm not leaving yet."

'In fact, I'm only getting started here', Law thought to himself but didn't voice the thought.

"He just went looking for you," Franky spoke. A hiss came out as he opened up another Cola. "Did you see the SUPER concert?"

"Yes, I did." Law was already making his way towards the bar. "See you guys later."

And he stopped dead in his tracks in the middle of the room, drawing looks from people and getting slight shoves as they moved around him.

Kid was standing near the bar, leaning on it with one elbow and holding a Margarita. Margaritas were never Kid's go-to choice when it came to drinks. The lapels of his suit were spread open and revealing more of the pearly chest wrapped in the leather straps.

Monet was standing by his side, chatting away. Kid had said something and she threw her head back in laughter. 

The last time Law had seen her, she was wearing nondescript clothes with Starbucks stains, trotting behind Caesar like a little duck. But now her party dress revealed the artistry of her figure, her long green hair standing out in the general dimness, much like Kid's. Even from afar, she oozed confidence.