Yaoi Fanart.

🎙️

Honk! Honk! HONK!

Law jerked upwards and Bepo flew off his lap, meowing loudly.

With blurred eyes, Law checked his watch. It was well after nine, and he was still in his clothes from yesterday. He checked the window - the red Volvo had been honking non-stop on the sidewalk.

So Kid wasn't as mad as Law thought. They still wouldn't exchange a word during the whole ride, Law was sure of it, but Kid didn't have to bother giving him the usual lift - taking into account their little disagreement yesterday. Kid could be insufferable at most times, but he never stood Law up.

The corners of Law's lips lifted faintly.

"Oi, jerk-off! You coming or what?! What are you staring at?!" Kid had spotted Law gaping through the window, his shouts turning the head of a neighbor watering his lawn. "Five seconds and I'm outta here!"

There was no time to change. Mumbling a curse, Law only managed to grab his bag and give Bepo a pat before storming off into the porch and down the stairs.

Of course, KISS was on the radio, the volume turned up to max. Kid hadn't as much as spared Law a single glance, but Law knew it was only temporary. If they had taken everything they ever said to each other seriously, their podcast wouldn't have survived a day.

Ace was already waiting for them in the studio. Contrary to others, Ace didn't have strict rules as to when he should turn up - he came and went as he pleased, but he always preferred to deliver the good news in person.

In one hand he clutched a Starbucks, the other propped behind his head as he drowned in a beanbag in the common room, conversing with Robin who was busy scrolling through her immortal AirMac. She was wearing red today, the vivid color gaining up Law's favor.

"You guys!" Ace set his cup down with vigor. "You should be thanking uncle Ace for making superstars out of you."

Law snatched a donut from the kitchen counter. "Doflamingo called?"

"Um, no. But he didn't need to, I already set things in motion with his assistant."

"Is that why you're wearing a suit?" Kid asked. "Normally you wouldn't be caught dead in that thing."

Ace was indeed sporting a new look of a well-tailored silver suit and a black tie. His wild hair was smoothed back and tied with an elastic, but a few unruly strands bounced on his cheeks when he made sudden movements.

"Maybe. I am a man of business, after all," Ace replied, connecting his fingers to make a dome.

"You're sleeping with that assistant, aren't you?" Kid leaned against the wall and crossed his arms on his chest. His biceps strained against the black leather jacket and Law had to force himself to look away. "Good for you. And us."

Ace only huffed. "I'm deeply offended by your accusation. Anyway..." He reached for his phone. "As I said, I'm still not too clear on Doffy, but Teach is guaranteed. And also, the recent episode really blew up so I brought you some gifts to open on record, as, let's call it, means of celebration. But first look at those numbers."

Law squinted at the screen. First Ace showed him a trending hashtag on Twitter, then the monthly listeners count on Spotify, and then the thousands of likes on their official Instagram page. Robin was really outdoing herself with social media management.

"Wait, what's that?" Law pointed at a recommended Instagram post.

"Huh? Oh, that's Kid. Nice angle, bro." A white heart popped up on Kid's photo as Ace double-tapped it. "Those gym photos are really doing it for our exposure."