t e n

April 22, 2000

Smutt

I'm just now handling all the business I been needing to take care of. I've been handling all of my legit affairs and getting myself in order.

I took DeArique to get a DNA test done, turns out he is mine. I doubted it for a while due to how events played out and timeframes. But, he do look like me and his brother, so I guess I shouldn't have.

Weasel got Ericka ass on lock, and the baby stays with me now. That shit is crazy to me. He don't even try act like he want my seeds at the house with him. Ericka stay saying how she damn near live at the shop and whatever bullshit I'm guessing he has her saying to me. I'm not fucked up about taking care of my own kids though; her loss. He don't ever say nothing out of the way to me, but I am able to see whatever animosity he has toward me.

I'm not sure why I wasn't able to see it before, but I see it clear as day now. What I ever do to this nigga? I know what makes his dislike for me worse is that he has to kiss my ass in order to keep getting fed. Plug won't fuck with him at all. I spoke to the plug and shit and laced him up so he'a know what I got goin' on and how I'ma be moving pretty soon.

He offered a helping hand, but I said no. Weasel made shit personal, so it's staying that way. I'm not finna dwell on that shit right now though, I'm finna parlay until it's time to actually boss hog some shit.

"Come on baby power up with me, I just popped me a ecstasy, come on baby power up with me, we shocking and a rocking to this melody," Power Up by Wreckshop is blasting out of the speakers of my SLAAB.

I'm riding solo to the Kappa Beach Party. I done got all of my shit from by Arique (Psych picked it up for me) and I'm finna start living like the single man that I am. After his birthday we still hooked up every now and then, but never laid up afterward. Definitely wasn't too much talkin' involved.

What better way to wild out than this? I'm single as a one dollar bill. I just needed one lil let loose session before I go into my straight street psychopath state. Looking at all of these raunchy activities taking place on I-45, I know I chose the right time to do my shit.

This is the only time you will ever see people happy and partying while in standstill traffic; Kappa Beach Weekend. I'm talkin' 'bout you can see: people popping pills, blunts being passed around, dancing and ass being thrown, some people hitting licks, hoes doing freak shit on and in cars—all on the fucking highway. Everybody is letting loose, which lets me know that I'm where I need to be.

This was an event to bring out my SLAAB in all of it's splendor and glory. I sit in it with my door opened and smoking on a blunt; just watching everything going on around me. Nigga's gon' be nigga's, meaning you can never really let your guard down. Always be aware of your surroundings, it don't matter if you're in the streets or not.

I let my eyes scan as far as they could see, I see the fine nigga that was at Arique's house a lil while ago. I must've been staring because his eyes meet mine and he holds contact as he makes his way over to me. I stand up and lean against my car. My gun is definitely tucked on me in case I needa use it though.

"Damn, you moved here or something, my nigga?" I ask him with a smile once he reaches me.

"Nah, bih. A nigga just come out here every now and then. I might have found a reason to move though." He smirks at me.

I smirk back at him, "my brother-in-law putting that ass on you ain't he?" I ask lowly, laughing a little bit.

He smirks at me and shakes his head. "I wasn't even thinking about shawty. I had somebody else in mind. 'Cept I ain't seen what it hit fa yet." He rubs his goatee with a slight smirk.