t h i r t e e n

Delontae

May 17, 2000

"Bruh, I'm just tryna talk to the niggas. You don't gotta be there." Weasel says to me as I sit in the living room of "his" house. I'm over here to pick my boys up. They only spent one night and they already asking me to pick them up.

"And I told you, I'm hot right now. I can't talk to nobody from that life no mo'. Shit, I'm not even slangin' no mo'. My only business is the shop. So unless you need some parts or work done to yo car, there is nothing I can help you wit', dawg."

"Come on bruh," he runs a hand down his face and sighs in frustration. "I just need you to let them know I'm the new nigga in your place. I jus' need you to vouch fa me."

I immediately shake my head. "No can do. I'm hot, meaning the laws on my radar. I go over there or talk to them while the laws watching and listening, that's gon' cause unnecessary stress for every party involved."

We just stare at each other for a while, his face slowly getting uglier by the moment as he mean mugs me. "You just don't wanna see another nigga on top. You know you can meet with them and vouch for me."

"If you ain't got it then say that. I ain't have nobody vouch for me. If they don't wanna fuck with you now, it is what it is." I shrug my shoulders. I'm through with the conversation. Got me steady repeating myself on some hoe shit.

How he mad at me because they can tell he a hoe ass nigga?

Ericka comes out of the room with DeArique as he was fixing his mouth to say something. "Where Bugg at?" I ask her.

"He's upstairs asleep in his room." She answers quietly.

I immediately hop up to go and get him. I walk in his room to see that he is awake...and crying. "What's wrong, Smuttie?" I ask him.

"I don't wanna come here no more." He says with his mouth balled up and wiping his face.

"Why?" I ask him with a confused frown on my face.

"'Cause Weasa a hoe. Him always mean to me now, and I got hit because I asked my mommy for some chips after him said no. And....and when I hit him back in his face, him punched me in my chest. Now I got blood on my lip. See," he pulls his bottom lip down to show that it is indeed busted.

I nod my head, "come on." I walk back downstairs knowing my son is behind me. "You laid hands to my junior?" I ask Weasel as soon as he reaches my vision. I stand right in front of him waiting for him to lie.

"What?" He plays loaded, looking at my son with a mug before looking back to me. "You know that lil nigga be lying and shit."

"I not lying! You slapped me in my mouth for asking my mommy for chips!" He says beginning to breathe hard with tears steadily falling out his eyes.

"You let him do that shit?" I look to Ericka to ask.

"I didn't know Weasel had already told him no," she says quietly.

"You act like his lil-" I cut off whatever Weasel was saying short by bitch slapping him.

"Oh my God, Smutt!" I hear Ericka yell, but I ignore her. When Weasel registered the hit, I cocked back from BC and slapped his bitch ass again. Now his mouth leaking.

"Don't ever in yo' life put yo' hands on my seed, hoe ass nigga. You got a problem wit' him, hit me den bitch." I tell him calmly. He ain't do nothing but sit there and rub his face like the pussy he is.

Nigga slap me the first time and I'm going in on his shit. Matters a damn if I deserved the slap or not. A grown ass man hitting me? I'm touching everything but the bottoms of his fucking feet. On my life.