f i f t e e n

Delontae

May 24, 2000

"I'm telling y'all, I don't have no beef with nobody. I don't know why they decided to shoot my shop up." I tell the police. It could only be one person. I'm just trying to figure out when his balls dropped.

"Sir, if you don't help us, we can't help you. There's no way your car shop was randomly shot up. Did you screw somebody over on some parts? Mess up somebody's car when changing the oil? Tell us what happened, so we can narrow it down and help you. How many customers leave here mad? Any of them threaten you?"

"Of course I've had a few customers leave mad, but that's few and far in between. The worst threat I got was that they were gon' report me to the BBB, and that was ten months ago. Haven't had so much as a complaint since."

"Well if you think of anyone in particular or a specific incident, be sure to let us know. Sorry about your shop sir. I hope you have a good day." The officer says walking away.

I swore I was gone go easy on this nigga and make it a fast, easy death.

This nigga Weasel just fucked over not only me, but my brothers. He's fucking with the livelihood of motherfuckers that ain't got shit to do with our "beef." His mad ass.

I'm trying to be the bigger person and think logically, but this nigga really tryna knock me off my square.

It's aight. He finna get his.

I decide to ignore the street shit for a moment to go into my office to call my insurance and shit.

This petty ass, bitch ass nigga.

I know he mad because he not touching me and mines in this street shit. Ain't not one hoe on my team. With or without a pistol we boss hogg. We gorillas for real. We gon' eat regardless.

Him and his people not like that, so they hurting. I'm going to be the one to take them out of their misery in a lil minute though. They should just be patient to make it easy on themselves.

Then, all the dumbass nigga did was shoot the shit up. Didn't take shit at all. Fucking dumb! Was the nigga tryna scare me or some shit?

He finna have to come harder than this pussy ass shit.

"Yeah," I answer my ringing phone. "Come open the door nigga!" Ansha yells at me.

I hang up and go straight to the door from my office. Soon as I open it, this nigga damn near suffocates me in a hug. "Damn, Shay."

He pulls away from me to examine me, "you good? You injured? You get hit anywhere?" He asks me looking worried.

I laugh a little at his antics. "Calm down, ShayShaBaby. I'm good," I reassure him with a smile.

He releases a breath of relief. "I ain't know. Josh jus' said the shop got shot up this morning," he tells me calming down a bit. "What happened?"

"Man, I don't know," I shrug, not wanting him to know shit for real. "How you get here so fast? Your car still in the back."

"I took Boomthie car," he sighs and runs a hand down his face.

"You ain't have to do allat, Shay. I'm good. I can't believe Josh ain't give you no details, so you wouldn't have wasted your time," I chuckle lightly. 

He makes a guilty face, "well," he drags out. "It ain't on him at all. All I heard was 'Smutt shop got shot up' and I chopped out."

"Aww," I put my hand over my heart. "You do love me," I wipe a fake tear from my eye. "I love you too, Shay," I walk up to him and squeeze him in a hug.