8

She knew she didn't have any reason to believe she wasn't welcomed at TXT's dormitory. Not when it had been a week since she had finished her bond with Beomgyu. But it certainly felt like so, because Taehyun and Yeonjun were avoiding her presence.

The older had even gotten a new pair of gloves for him and Tae to wear around her, so they didn't accidentally touch her.

And it's not like she wasn't already showered with affection by Soobin, Kai and Beomgyu –se had never been or felt more protected and warm ever before–, but something inside her told her that she had to reach out to the other two.

So she walked into the kitchen, when the hyung and Taehyun were preparing dinner.

"Hi, do you need help?", she smiled.

Both boys looked at each other and then shook their heads at the same time.

"Oh, okay", she bit her lip nervously and sighed.

"Noona!", she was called from the living room. She had moved into the dorms and had chosen the biggest bedroom –not that any of the boys cared as long as she cuddled them for a little while.

"Why're you upset?", she furrowed her eyebrows and flicked Huening Kai on the forehead. "Ow!"

"Don't pry in my business", she said with a small smile tugging at her lips.

"I'm sorry. I just don't like it when you're not feeling happy", he averted his eyes from her and she could feel him pulling at her heartstrings. "So I hoped to make you happy again", he opened his arms and she accepted the hug willingly.

She didn't like that the boys wanted her to feel happy, and the only reason she hadn't been feeling content was their band members. She knew it wasn't as if they'd fight about it, but she certainly didn't want to go around stating Yeonjun and Taehyun made her uncomfortable.

Maybe she made them uncomfortable. Maybe it was okay they didn't want to bond with her.

"She's overthinking again", Soobin had just walked into the dorms and took no time in sliding off his shoes and walking towards the two embracing soulmates so he could have a share of warmth too.

"She's been doing that lately, hasn't she?", Huening Kai earned himself another flick to the forehead.

"No prying into noona's business, little one", she said a little more sternly this time.

"Food is ready!", Yeonjun called them over and she had to walk in between two oversized teenagers that wouldn't let go of their embrace.

"Thank you for the food", she sat next to Beomgyu who had recently come out of the shower, and Soobin. The younger if the two had a hand resting on the chair Heejin was sitting on, lightly touching and caressing her shoulder and upper arm.

"This is really good, hyung!", Beomgyu flashed a thumbs up towards Yeonjun and he smiled, his eyes suddenly flickering towards the other hand that connected Beomgyu and Heejin.

"Can you not do that on the table?", he asked softly.

"Hm? I haven't even made one sarcastic comment! This is so unfair", Beomgyu was completely unaware of the annoyance in Yeonjun's eyes and Heejin could see right through the hyung, even when she hadn't gotten the ability to read his emotions.

So she took Beomgyu's hand and slid it off to his side, trying not to cross eyes with Yeonjun nor Beomgyu, who had gasped in shock and was trying to get Heejin to say something about the situation.

"It's food time, we can have cuddle time later", she just shrugged and kept on eating, feeling Soobin's caress on her emotions, trying to push some warmth through the bond.

She smiled gratefully and they continued with their dinner, now silent, as Huening Kai tried his best to start a conversation about anything.

"And I am also planning on having this one delivered next month. Isn't it cute, hyung?", he was showing Taehyun some plushies he'd added to his whishlist on AliExpress.

"Yeah"

The maknae groaned and waited for everyone else to finish their meals to start taking the plates to the sink and soak them with water.

"I'll wash them today", she mumbled. Of course, no one fought her on this; they all hated doing the dishes and would much rather only rely on instant food as long as they didn't have dishes to clean after eating.

She also kind if needed some time alone. After diner was their family time, as she had herself named it. They would hang out at the living room, watch a movie or play some video games... sometimes even some Monopoly in order to just be around each other and have a nice time.

But ever since she'd come along, she noticed that the three soulmates would try to incorporate her into their daily lives and traditions. But she felt like an intruder and she could sense Yeonjun and Taehyun's eyes on her every time she'd be touched by one of her soulmates, or even addressed by them.

So she decided doing the dishes would spare her the glances and then hopefully she could just silently walk to her room and lock herself. She'd had some cuddle time so she could definitely last until next morning without any of the boy's touch.

She envied them fir being underage and not needing her to survive; completely opposite as her. She needed their touch to live.

All of those thoughts clashed against each other and ran freely through her mind while she did the dishes, but she didn't want her soulmates to feel her uncertainty, so she turned her mind into puppies and music.

"I am just having a glass of water", Yeonjun mumbled after startling Heejin who almost died of a heart attack due to the sudden noice of him closing the counter.

"Oh, okay", she moved so he could reach the water bottle and he moved to the same direction trying to avoid her.

And suddenly, her bare arms clashed against his –even when he was wearing freaking gloves, he still wore short sleeves–, and Yeonjun fell to the floor butt first, clashing the empty glass on his fall, and Heejin fell the other way.

"Oh no, no. No, please", he said while she clutched her shirt over her chest, where the II suddenly turned into a I.