22

"You can't go in ther–"

"I will", Heejin marched in Bang Sihyuk's office, her eyes throwing daggers at the older man.

He raised from his desk chair, cracking his knuckles after having worked on his computer for a while.  Eyeing Heejin, he left a sigh escape his lips.

"You need to stop their insane diets", Heejin said and dropped to the floor.

She kneeled and placed her palms on the floor, her forehead against her hands as she bowed with the most heartbreaking plead.

"They are starving", she mumbled and then only sat on her heels to look at him. "Their energy levels are so low and I am so worried that they won't be able to recharge enough even if I give them skin to skin contact all day".

He hummed.

That's it. He sat again at his chair, looking at her with an unfazed face, and hummed. It didn't feel to her as if he was thinking about it, but it felt more as if he was looking for the best way to send her to outer space and never have her step on his office ever again.

But she stayed where she was on the floor, looked at him pleadingly, and then bowed again, touching her palms to the floor and her forehead to her hands.

"They don't look healthy anymore", she sighed. "They don't have energy to do anything else besides come to work and go to sleep, and they don't look as happy as they do regularly. I want them to be happy, so I am begging you, please don't make them lose more weight".

"Heejin-ah", the old man stated. "How badly do you love them?"

The question came as a shock to her. Her brows furrowed and she licked her lip nervously.

"I have never loved anyone ever before", she started. "I don't know much about life or about love, and I know less about loss. But I am certain about not wanting to lose them.

"I want to be by their sides for ever. I don't want to leave them, because a part of me lives within them –and I am not talking about my soul, or our bond.

"It feels to me like I can't breathe anymore if they are suffering, or if they are sad and I can't do anything about it. I wanna be the one they turn to when they feel heavy, and I wanna worship their hard work and their hearts. They are such good people and I wish I was as good as them.

"My life has changed so much because of them, and it has been for the better. I am not who I was months ago when I stumbled upon Soobin, and now Yeonjun turned eighteen and life is hectic... yet all I wanna do is be there for them. I wanna bring them peace when the world is too noisy, and I wanna be noisy when the world is deathly quiet.

"They are everything to me, and I can't imagine what my life would look like for me if I was alone; if I was missing the five parts of me that reside in them".

Bang Sihyuk re arranged his glasses. Everything was so quiet, se could bet he was able to hear her heart thumping against her chest. As if it wanted to run away and hold onto her soulmates forever.

"I see", he smiled and leaned onto his desk, his palms coming into contact with the expensive wood. "Would you do anything for them?"

Heejin bit her lip but nodded either way. There was no doubt in her mind that she'd do whatever to make them happy.

"That's what they feel towards their fans. Since they would do whatever to make them happy, they have to look and be perfect for them".

She still looked at him with a raised eyebrow. She came into his office with the idea she'd be leaving happily and that her soulmates wouldn't ever have to go through this stupid diet ever again.

"If anything happens to them I–"

"You what?"

Just when Heejin thought she would explode, one of her bonds sent through an enormous feeling of fear and then nothingness.

The fear was so big, that it took her to the ground, falling into it with a deafening scream that could only be heard inside her head.

She looked at Bang Sihyuk, who was now kneeling next to her and avoided his offered hand and she stood up by herself. Tears started flowing down her cheeks and she sobbed so big she thought she'd die.

"Something is wrong. Something is very wrong".

An intern came running into the office, his face pale and eyes filled with something unforeseeable.

"It's Huening Kai and Soobin, sir", he commented. "They collapsed".