Chapter 0

Published on: April 01, 2022

*************

He was looking around for the little girl in orange swimsuit with two pigtails. She definitely gonna get an ear full of scolding for running away like that. His hand rested over his hip, where she goes, gaze scanned all over 360. 

"Sprinkler..... sprinkler... sprinkler" few kids were playing around the rocks...

He approached them, she can be around with them too, can't she, and there she was, chanting sprinkler, clapping with a broad smile showing her two broken incisors...

He took out the phone," got her, will be back", 

"No, can you wait" He cut the call before answering storms of questions, mothers can have thousands of questions and they want the answers right then and there, at least let him know first, let him catch her first.

The closer he goes, the clearer it gets, kid's standing in a circle, yelling sprinkles, seem like a game or something, but the closer he gets clearer he sees, there was a kid in middle with his little head ducked, cornered around the rocks, the realization started to hit, they were teasing someone, or maybe bullying, circled around the kid, blocking the path not letting any escape, a girl, a boy??...

Umm so a boy it is, scooted closer to the rocks, back pressed with rocks, head bowed hidden between his legs, hands over the ear, trembling in fear, he was not even trying to escape...

Gulf's jaw tightens, these nasty little ones, it irks him... not only the fact kid was getting picked up, but his own sister was part of bullying...

"Wanna get beaten up??", he roared over them, that was enough for the little group to disburse, he was not much elder here, but thanks to his height, he towers over his peers, and others, few of them still has guts to shout sprinkler from far...

His arms crossed over his chest, glaring at his sister, "Ocllo"

she came running towards him, hugging his leg, smiling, she didn't realize it yet. The seriousness of the situation, and the trouble she might get it..

"P'Gulf"

"What was that??"

"He peed in pants", she giggle putting a hand over her mouth, the thing she does whenever get remembered that two front teeth are missing, looked back at the trembling kid, still swinging with Gulf's leg, "Sprinkler"

Gulf has to take a few deep breaths, not to spank her right there and then, pinched his brows, reminding himself kids need to be taught..

"So??"

"Who peed at this age" she giggle eyes at the kid, who was still trembling, clothes drenched in water or pee, head covered in sand, seems he got pushed around...

"Should I reveal your embarrassing stories??"

"I don't do that"

Gulf glared,

"It didn't happen anymore"

"Did we laugh, when you did??",  His face says it all, he was disappointed with her behavior, Unpleasant look, arms crossed over his chest, tapping feet impatiently, and he really struggling to not spank her...

"Sorry" her grip loosen from the leg, head lowered, hands tied together with shame.

"Whom should you apologize??"

She looked back to the kid, mumbled her apology to him,

His teeth greet, "Louder"

She jerked backward, then bow down to apologize properly...