Chapter 13 | Compromise

I'm back! And very much alive! Now in this chapter, you'll noticed Marinette being more confident on herself. I want to express on how much confident she have in herself after spending her time on New York for a year and a half. She'll still be Marinette we know, but this time, she'll be more confident on herself, leaning towards being a woman influencer in the future and more wiser, but still have the stubbornness and determination.
I'm actually enjoying myself writing about how would Marinette and Fury have a very serious conversation.

NOTE: THIS CHAPTER WILL REFLECT ON THE SOCOVIA ACCORDS

This scene happen after Loki at Germany and before the Helicarrier was rigged by Clint.

*

-Third Person-

A DAY AFTER CAPTURING LOKI

        "Fury," The dark skinned man looked up, but didn't express any surprise to see Marinette standing inside his very much secured office with Tikki hovering, looking very serious.

        "Marinette," Fury's lips thinned in a line and continue to strode inside then stood behind his table. "I would not ask how you got inside undetected."

        "Good," Marinette replied a bit to quickly, with a sharp tone. "I wouldn't even tell you if you'd asked otherwise."

        "And what can I help you with?" Fury was quick to the point, no pleasantries included which Marinette approved.

        "Well, after a great deal of reviewing your proposition to the council about the Avengers Initiative, Tikki and I talked about it earlier and we decided to have a compromise with you." Marinette explained. That made Fury narrowed his one eye, his sharp gaze peering through Marinette and Tikki like he was staring at their very soul.

        "A compromised?" Fury then raised an eyebrow.

        Marinette nodded her head. "Yes. It wasn't really our plan to be involve in a governmental problem—"

        "But you did." Fury immediately interrupted.

        "Yes, I did. And that is partially my fault." Marinette also interrupted much to Fury's hidden surprise because no one has ever interrupted Fury. Not Barton, not Romanoff, and definitely not even Stark. This kid have guts, I'll give her that. Fury mused.

        "But by exposing the super heroine Ladybug, you already caught the attention of the US government." Fury sharply explained. "SHIELD was quick to track you down but we just didn't bother to approached you yet seeing as any damage you've done after a fight, your magic fixes everything— even those that were collateral damage were brought back alive and well. And that alone caught the Council's attention by deeming you a threat. Even I can agree, but unlike the Council, I'd rather have you as an ally than as an enemy."

        "Then why approach me now?" Marinette's voice rose on a slight higher pitch tone.

        "Because Loki happened." Fury replied. "You said it yourself, you read the Avengers Initiative forms and I remember a statement where we would look for individuals whom have the ability to fight off something we couldn't."

        "But I'm not a soldier." Marinette promulgated sharply. "I'm not your soldier."

        "You're not." Fury agreed, just realizing it now how young Marinette looked to be. She's like what— 14? 15 years old? "But you are an Avenger when you accepted Hill's proposal."