Chapter 5 | One Year Ago

-Marinette-

        My first day at New York was. . . A huge dilemma for me. And sometimes life isn't easy, but that's just the way of how fate do it. In the end, you'll be successful one day.

        It was impossible to get the hang of it, all alone in a new place with no parents to guide you all the way. And the worse was when you can't speak English even for just a little bit. I guess this is my karma for not listening to Ms. Bustier's English class. When I arrived, I immediately head straight to a hotel with an affordable price since I'm only staying for four to five days until I can pass an entry exam on any school. If I'd be lucky, I could enroll myself on a fashion house school. I took as many entrance exam about fashion as I can, and on the third day of my stay here in New York, I received as many acceptance letters from all over New York's fashion schools. But one school caught my attention.

        Fashion Institute and Technology. And how it's coincident that FIT also has four or five branches of companies in Paris that is named as Milicent's. I wonder how I never heard of it before and how they're not in rivals or ally with the Agreste's. Clearly, Millicent's is also as good as the Agreste's.

        Anyhow, I immediately took the FIT's acceptance letter and headed straight to their school. I was lucky enough that their school is huge and have enough dorms for all students. One room in equivalent to two students, which was okay for me. Since this is a fashion school, students are limited and the things you needed like sketch pad, silk, textures, maniquins, tape measure, and many more things a fashion designer needs is already in the house.

        Tikki has been with me all step of the way which I was thankful for. My first day at school was a bit surprising. All students were friendly and kind and generous. I immediately made friends with them. Of course, my duty as Ladybug still crossed my mind. Second day of school and there have been a reported crime of thieves money on every New York banks. I was quick into action.

        My first day as Ladybug in New York gave the citizens a look of confusion. Clearly, it was unexpected to see a hero like me who's known at Paris. But then I remembered, Iron Man lived in Manhattan, New York. So, I guess they're surprise to see another superhero who's clearly not from New York.

        After the fight with those thieves that cause a lot of damage because of engaging their guns, I finally caught them and called on the police. After they were arrested and brought back to jail, I shouted my famous line and threw my lucky charm in the air. Every damage was fixed and I immediately left before everyone could even see me detransform or take my photos from all those reporters, leaving everyone dumbfounded.

        News started to spread like wildfire about a ladybug themed superhero. Even my classmates talks about it in school. The more crimes happened, the more Ladybug has been exposed to public but never engage talking to the media. That has been what Tikki and I have been talking lately. There were times, it was hard to escape those reporters but I guess it was there job to get a scoop of the new superhero of New York.

        And I gave them that, but only once. I told them that I am Ladybug and only explained that I am their new hero but I'm not taking Iron Man or any other heroes' place. I only want to help people and my identity will stay secret to the public. Then I left after that. And just like last time, people starts talking about the mysterious superhero, Ladybug.

       I spent five months in New York and since it was December, it's my first Christmas without Maman and Papa and my first Christmas in New York. I can finally speak English fluently. So, yey to me. The school entered a fashion competition in London. The Director of the school took me and entered me in the Division. Ms. Melanie Forrester went in London with me and we stayed there in her vacation house. It was the day where I truly met the owner of the school I attended to. She told me that she don't have any children, saying that she's to be an independent woman. I started to idolize her in Fashion.