Chapter 2 | Triggered

WARNING: Be cautious. The chapter that you are about to read may contains drugs, sexual, suicide, self harm, and horror that may not be suitable for young readers. Parental guidance is advice.

• • •

-Marinette-

"You were right, Tikki." I mumbled, sniffing. "I think I should take a day off."

After what happened, after I ran away, I head home without saying anything to either my parents. I ran up to my bedroom and locked the trap door. I closed down all my curtains and turned off the lights, leaving darkness standing around. I sat curled up at the corner of my room with my head down and my arms hugging my legs that are pushed up against my chest. A few sobs and whimpers and loud cries echoed through my room. I could even hear my parents calling me downstairs but I ignored them. I just want to be alone.

Tikki flew up to my face and caress my cheek ever so slightly that I didn't feel anything. She has this sympathetic look that I hated so much. I don't need her sympathy but I'm sure that I need her more than anything.

"Oh, Marinette." Tikki whispered, hovering in front of me. "I'm so so sorry. I wish I could take your place right now. Then you wouldn't feel any pain."

A whimper escape my mouth. "It was okay. I was sure to myself that I could take it all. But Alya, what she said broke my heart. More than Adrien's million rejections." I cried.

"I know. I could feel her strong anger earlier." Tikki replied. I looked up at her confuse. "Something triggered her to burst like that."

"What did I ever do to her to anger like that?" I asked myself wile still whispering. My voice was a bit hoarse after a series of cries.

"You didn't." Was Tikki's simple reply.

"It's been weeks. I can't take it anymore!" I stand up with all my might and wiped away the tears and my stained cheeks. "All this pain and for what? Are they satisfied? Or is it never enough for them?" I shouted.

Worthless!

Traitor!

Thief!

Just go die already!

Back stabber!

Ugly!

B*tch!

I wish you rot in hell!

Words suddenly ringed inside my head which made me even more furious and started throwing things that could relive the feeling but it did nothing.

I look around to see mess in my room.

"Marinette, please calm down?" Tikki's voice couldn't hide the panic.

"Why? So Hawkmoth couldn't akumatize me?" I dared asking with furrowed eyebrows. I'm tired of all this. "Well, be my guest! He could akumatize me whenever he wants!"

"Marinette, you don't mean that." Tikki whispered, hurt was shown clearly in her eyes.

I tried with all my might to resist. "And what if I did?"

"Then your free from being Ladybug." Tikki said, tears were falling and her eyes were in pure sadness. "I'll have to look for a new Ladybug. But she wouldn't be you."

My eyes lingered, staring at her with my now dull eyes that held no emotions. I turn back and went beneath my study table to reveal a huge box. I pulled out a few things until my hand grip a rope. A sudden though occurred into my mind. They wouldn't worry about me. They hate me. I'm sure that if I'm gone, no one will cry for me.