CHAPTER 9

KILLA/SEVYNS POV

You don't look at me the way you should and I know
You got other dudes, so tell me where do I go?
Tell me how they feel when they see you in my clothes?
You makin' it hard for me, I won't lie
But just 'cause you got options, don't mean I won't try
I sit in the mirror and let time pass by
'Cause you get shallow, I
I spend way too much time with you on my mind
Gotta get to know you better
Know you say you love me, it's whatever (mm-mm)
And I know you say you love me, it's whatever
I think it's better when we'll be together (mm-mm)
'Cause you say that I'm evil, I'm the devil
All 'cause I got options, you got several

I sung to the song while slowing nodding my head to the song while smoking my third blunt for the day.

What happened last night was still on my mind and had the same question run through my head...

Is she really okay?

But I can't force her to tell me what was that about because of what happened last time.

It's currently 11:26 and she has yet to wake up.

then I get a text from Marii asking if I wanted to get zaya and bring her here for Lani and I said yes.

I got in the shower did all my hygiene, put on some clothes then went into my car.

After a 15 minute drive I texted Mari that I was downstairs and after a few minutes later she brought down Zaya and a duffel bag which I'm guessing is lani belongings.

"Yo help me put her in her car seat I gotta talk to you" I said making her nod.

She puts her in her car seat then as I was about to close the door zaya had her hand out.

"What you want babygirl"

"Phone" she said making me chuckle i put on Disney plus and put on puppy dog pals.

I shut the door and leaned against my car.

"Ok what you gotta talk to me about" Mari said.

"Ok so yesterday when lani ass was drunk outta her mind she said something"

"And that was..." she started up.

"She said nobody wants a girl who was got beaten or raped by her ex boyfriend" i said making her eyes go wide.

"Um...oh" she said then looking everywhere else but me.

"Do you know what that's about"

"I- why is the pothole so big, the mayor needs do better on these roads in ny Chile" mari said looking at the big pothole in front of my car tryna change the subject.

"no deadass be making my tires pop n shi- wait bitch stop tryna change the subject" I realized what she was doing.

"anyways you know whats that about" I asked.

"what the pothol- GIRL NO ABOUT LANI"I cut her off.

"Yeah I do but that ain't my place to tell you that sooo" making me suck my teeth.

"Mmcht bruh"

"You need to ask her about that tho what I look like tell her business" she said.

"But she ain't gonna tell me"

"Well shit if you wanna know so bad her she'll tell you on her own"

"But I wanna help her tho"

"lemme ask you a few questions" she said making me nod.