4.

Awkwardly , I lie in Zelos' bed. He's getting ready in the bathroom that's attached to his room. His room is filled with plants, everywhere, but actually everywhere. So he's a plant lover. It's not just decoration, as I expected.

In the middle of the room lies the bed, with a fireplace in front of it. On the right side are two doors with a small table between with more decoration on it. One door leads to the bathroom and the other to the walk-in closet. There is also a sitting area provided with some seats and a coffee table. On the left wall is a computer set up. It looks very expensive.

I'm sitting a little stiffly playing with my fingers when Zelos comes walking out of the bathroom. He is wearing an oversized shirt and sweatpants. He smiles at me. I get up from the bed and walk into the bathroom without a word. There I get myself ready for the night. They immediately gave me stuff for myself. When I'm done I say a brief word of encouragement to myself in the mirror.

I knew that the mate of the Alpha or Luna must immediately go to his or her house to live there, but I never expected to be the mate. I look at myself in the mirror and bite my lip nervously. 'I can do this.' I whisper to myself. He's my mate, this should be the happiest moment of my life, but I'm just nervous. So without smell, can you feel absolutely no attraction to your mate? The thought haunts my head all the time.

I walk back into the room. Zelos is lying on his bed staring at the TV. The device is hanging over the fireplace. I stand a little helplessly by the bed. "Aren't you coming to bed?' He asks without looking back at me. Excuse me! What is he thinking. 'Uhm I'd rather sleep on the sofa then.' I'm already walking towards the sitting area.

Most mates immediately fly around each other's necks. Which then leads to something completely different. But I don't feel that towards Zelos yet. I first need time to realize what' s happening. I'm not at all ready to be marked yet! Mates mark each other by either leaving a bite mark or having sex with each other so that the scent of their mate is on them. This allows other wolves to smell that you have already found your mate and therefore are not open to anything outside of a friendly relationship.

I hear rustling behind me. 'Are you sure about that,' Zelos looks at me in surprise. I nod softly at him. 'You get in the bed then.' Zelos fishes out some blankets from under the bed. Then he installs himself on one of the seats. I want to say something more about it, but decide I'm far too tired to discuss it. I sigh and lower myself into the bed under the woolly blankets. The mattress is not too soft or too hard, just right. The lights are turned off. 'Good night.' I mumble to Zelos. He shuffles around on the couch a bit. 'Sleep well, Ash.' I turn my back to him and close my eyes.

A restless feeling spreads through my body, making it impossible for me to get to sleep. After an hour, I'm still tossing and turning in the bed. It's so comfortable, I don't understand why I can't sleep. I shift again for the umpteenth time and wonder if I'm keeping Zelos awake. I listen tensely for his breathing, but it sounds deep and regular. I sigh and stare at the ceiling.

The feeling of homesickness overwhelms me. I feel like crying. Okay I'm the alpha's mate, but I don't know anything about him, and now I'm in his house where I don't know anyone. I also don't feel the same attraction toward Zelos as he does toward me yet, which makes me anxious. What if that attraction never comes simply because I can't smell?

I don't even have my own stuff. I brood on within myself. Everything is new and strange. The walls creak from the wind. Also something I'm not used to. The house seems to speak and groan. I am afraid it will fall apart.

Tears stream down my cheeks and I push my face into the pillow to stifle a sob. I don't want to be here at all. In the car I had found out that I had forgotten my phone in the building where the meeting was held. I can't even speak to my parents or my sister. I miss my sister.