Chapter 35

Naruto was having a nice day.

He had taken the twins out shopping for a couple of things. He wanted to get them new clothes and a new pack of diapers.

He had decided to get the twins fun educational toys. Specifically, toys they wanted. He did the same thing with Boruto and Sarada.

He walked through the store with Menma and Jiraiya in their twin stroller.

He picked out a couple of cute onesies. When he decided he had, had enough clothes he made his way towards the toy aisle.

It didn't take long before he was browsing through the aisle.

He had gotten them some really cute airplane figurines, a couple of teddy bears, a get-the-right-shape set, a ballpen play pin, and a build-a-block set.

Naruto put the last of the things in the trolley, which means he turned his back for like only a second.

He heard a couple of toy's falling from the shelf and looking behind him he saw that Menma had accidentally knocked some toys off the shelf when he grabbed a figurine.

Naruto was quick to put them back, but the struggle came when he had to get the toy out of Menma's hold.

He tried lightly pulling, but Menma had a very tight grip on the toy.

"Okay, Menma. Sweety you can't get that. We already have enough toys. So please give it to Mommy." Naruto begged.

Menma didn't budge. So Naruto went with the other option.

"Menma. Give mommy the toy or you are not getting any honey in your food." Naruto threatened.

The small raven immediately let go of the toy and pulled his hand into the stroller and behind his back.

Yeah. Little Raven had a sweet tooth.

Worked wonders when bargaining with him.

Naruto put the toy back and got up. Just in time to see another woman approaching him.

"Hello." He greeted her with a smile as soon as she was in front of the three.

"Hello." She said with a snarky tone. Naruto didn't know why.

"Is something wrong?" Naruto asked.

"Yes. Very wrong. Did you refer to yourself as these children's mother?" She asked.

"Yes. I did. Is there a problem?" Naruto asked.

"Yes. Sir, you are a man. You can't call yourself the mother of these children, just because you want to." She said.

"Uh, ma'am I am their mother," Naruto said.

"Sir I understand that you are confused, but that is no reason to let your children be dragged into this." She said.

"Uhh, ma'am I am their mother. I gave birth to them." Naruto said.

"What?!" She yelled. This startled Menma and Jiraiya and also got the attention of everyone in the store.

"Ma'am please keep your voice down. Yes, I am their mother. Is there something wrong with that?" Naruto asked with a raised brow.

"Of course! You gave birth to them and that makes not only you but them an abomination!" She yelled.

Everyone in the store gasped at the way she was talking to Naruto. Undisguised disrespect being directed towards the Hokage was something that shocked and enraged them.

A few of the men had to hold back their partners to ensure they didn't tackle to woman.

The store manager was not going to allow her Hokage to be disrespected in her store.