Till death do us apart!

~Iruka's POV~

After the Akatsuki invasion on the village, things have been rough for everyone with the rebuilding of the village and Tsunade-sama being unconscious. Academy studies have also been postponed till the reconstruction on the academy building is completed. So i have a little more free time on my hands now. And with the reconstruction of residences Kakashi and I decided to move to a larger house. Since his paycheck is much bigger than mine, he wanted to pay for it. No objections there.

" Maa... Iruka, I have something to tell you.." Kakashi said. He was unsually nervous. Hmm...This isn't like him.

" Yes babe what is it?" I asked giving my full attention to him. Looks like he wants it.

" Well.. umm.. the village elders wanted to see me and I went. They say that if Tsunade-sama doesn't wake up soon enough, well... They say that..." He was scratching his head a lot and wierdly stumbling on his words.

"What is it? Just tell me!"I was loosing patience. I was really curious.

"Well they said that... They want me.. umm...to become the next... Ummm... Hokage" He said giving me a curvey-eyed smile. I couldn't believe my ears!

" THE NEXT HOKAGE?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" I think i screamed a bit too loud considering that we live in a shelter now with a number of different other people.

" Shhhh 'Ruka! Keep your voice down!" Kakashi hissed quietly.

"Ok ok im sorry! I was just happy!! Im so happy for you baby!! I really am! Your hard work is paying off. You deserve this more than anyone in the village! Congratulations!!" I jumped on him and kissed him on the lips. He kissed me back. I was overjoyed! Looks like things are gonna turn out great!

~Kakashi's POV~

Tsunade-sama woke up today! And it was a miracle! I am so happy that I didn't have to take on the reigns of being hokage ao fast. I was kinda dreading taking that huge of a responsibility like that. But they still wanted me to stay standby for the next hokage position.

Anyways today is Iruka's birthday and I want to give him a surprise of a lifetime! The rebuilding of the village was over and we moved into our new larger home. So I invited a few of our friends and students over for this party i was planning! This is gonna be epic!!

In the morning Iruka was really nice to me but I acted like I don't remember his birthday and he left for work with a sour face. I hope he's not too mad at me! He he!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's 5 o'clock now and everyone is already at our house. All our friends Kotetsu, Izumo, Genma, Raidou, Ebisu, Aoba, Kurunei, Anko, Shisune, Richii, Iwashi, Gai, Suzume, Rendoku, even Tsunade-sama and a few of our students Naruto, Sakura, Hinata, Kiba , Shino, Shikamaru, Neji, Lee, Tenten, Ino, Choji and Sai were present. I even invited Teuchi-san and Ayame-san from Ichiraku ramen. I wanted everyone to be there. Iruka must be at the mission desk and he must be getting off his shift right about now. Im excited!!

It was 5.15 when I heard the keys jiggling and the door knob turning. I signaled the others to stay hidden and quiet. I can here him taking his shoes off in the front and came in wearing the house slippers.

"SURPRISE!!!" Everyone screamed in unison! Iruka nearly jumped out of his skin! It was kinda funny!

"Oh god! Y-you scared the living daylights out of me!
Iruka said while clutching his chest dramatically.

" Well happy birthday!!"
" Happy birthday Iruka!!"
" Happy birthday Iruka sensei!!"
" Happy birthday 'Ruka!!"
The attendees started to wish him.

I was a bit nervous about what I'm gonna do next.
I need to do it and this is the perfect time!
There's no other time like the present eh? I mustered up all my courage and got down on one knee.
Some people gasped. Iruka turned around to face me. I took out the ring I bought the other day. It's now or never!

" My beloved 'Ruka! Will you marry me? Please say yes and make me the happiest man on Earth!" I was praying that he say yes! Please let him say yes god! I will never ask you for anything else!

" Oh my god!" He was covering his mouth from his hand and to be honest, he was kinda shocked.

" Say yes Iruka sensei!!" Naruto shouted.
" Oi.... say yes 'Ruka!" Kotetsu cheered.
" Don't keep the man waiting Iruka. Say yes!" Tsunade-sama said smiling.
Everyone started to cheer and urged him to say yes. I am still kneeling on one knee and quietly waiting for an answer anxiously. Hopefully a yes!

" Yes yes YESSS! HELL YESS!!.. I WOULD LOVE TO MARRY YOU 'KASHI!!! " He jumped on to me and wrapped his arms and legs around me. I stood up lifting him up with me.

" You just made me the happiest man on Earth!" I said kissing him. And then he kissed me. The kiss was passionate and it was sweet. Very sweet. Oh god! I love this man! And I wanna make him the happiest man alive! Forever And ever!!

" Oi.....  Stop with the kissing and put that ring on his finger!" Someone shouted. I didn't wanna break the kiss. But i did it anyway cuz sure enough, I still didn't gave him the ring.

" Umino Iruka! Please take this ring as a symbol of my love! I Hatake Kakashi wow to be with you in sickness or health and for richer or poorer, for the rest of my life till death do us apart!"

----------------------------/////----------------------------