chapter one: what just happened?

October 28th 2018. (BTW im not that good with character dialogue so be prepared to cringe)

The day began like any normal day in the U.R.A with people getting up and going to work.

But suddenly at 1:28 pm the sky exploded and shone brighter than the sun.

Within just a few seconds the sky went back to normal but the people were terrified.

The white house.

After the sky stopped glowing President John T. McNeely immediately called a emergency.

"Okay i want to know what just happend" said the President in a cold tone.

The secretary of homeland security looked at the President and said. "Mr. President we don't have that information yet but i believe both the secretary of defense and the secretary of state both wish to speak."

Both The secretary of defense and state stood up. The secretary of defense spoke first. "Indeed we do and we have noticed two alarming things."

The secretary of state then stated. "We have lost all contact with both our allies and satellites."

The President face morphed into a shocked expression. "Wait so you're telling me we've gone dark."

"I'm afraid so Mr. President but we are trying every possible way to get back in contact with our allies." the secretary of state said.

Then suddenly someone came into the room.

"Mr. President we've gotten back in contact with our allies, they said the same thing happend to them".

The President gave a sigh of relief thanks to this good news. "Oh thank the lord".

Two hours after the incident.

The President decided to put the country in a temporary lockdown for the government to have an easier time figuring out what happened.

During this time both the U.R.A and her allies noticed something weird and it had to do with the continents themselves.

The American continent aswell as the European, Asian, and Oceanic continent have all tilted 45 degrees.

North America was right next to the Italian peninsula while South America was now in the Indian Ocean the European continent is now pointing upward while Asia and Oceania Point down. (North and South America are still connected just in case you were confused)

That wasn't the only weird thing to happen however because they got in contact with a country that shares a similar name to an allie of the U.R.A.

Five hours after the incident.

The secretary of state started having a conversation with this nation.

"You mean you're the Republic of Japan right?" The secretary of state asked.

"No sir we are the State of Japan." The clearly Japanese man on the otherside stated.

"This dosn't make any sense." the secretary of state mutterd."Their's no way that their are two Japan's." the secretary of state then told himself.

"Mr. Stanson may we send an ambassador?" Asked the Japanese man on the radio.

Stanson thought about it for a moment. "Sure i don't see why not." (BTW the Republic of Japan is the japan that is a member of the A.F.N and is a mix of imperial and modern day Japan. The flag of the R.J is basically a inverted version of the imperial flag with a red background with white lines that form a white ring around another red circle that has more white lines that go to the center on the inner red circle)