Chapter 3 - Hey, You, You're Finally Awake

Saturday, May 16, 2022
???, CA
Former G&K And I.O.P. Joint Encampment
2:03 AM
->(Y/N) Awakens From His Sleep, Finding Pass Events Register In His Mind, And Deducing That I All Was Just A Dream... Until His Mind Finally Registered The Room He Was In Aswell... And The Person At His Bedside.

-

The darkness that once consumed (Y/N) begins to fade away, as he stirred in his sleep. soon his eyes opened to the lowlight, hearing the nightly chirping of crickets. He remembers his hectic dream, and sighed to himself, finding it exhausting to ponder over considering how crazy real it felt. He sat himself up in a bed he was resting in and yawned, stretching with his eyes closed a get a satisfying pop. (Y/N) then tried to itch his nose, which made him flinch slightly... To the pain. He then saw the room he was in, or well, the lack of a room, and the more it looked to be a rather big tent. He then noticed the shuffling at the end of the bed to see a familiar pink and blue-haired girl at the end of bed (Y/N) was in. She was seated in a chair but leaned over and asleep against his legs, arms folded under her head as she breathed softly. There was someone else too, near the left end of the rather big tent, was Angelia herself... If that still is her name. Unkile ST-AR, she was awake, barely that is. She had a hip flask near her breast as she had her arms crossed, looking towards the entrance tent flap. She glanced over to the bed you were in to see you were awake. "Welcome back to the land of the living..."

"..." (Y/N) looked away from Angelia, unsure how to approach this situation. Angelia herself looked even more hurt, though she understand she was deserving of it, and turned back to look at the tent flap while taking a swig from her flask. "... Your name is Angelia... Right..?" She turned back to (Y/N), surprised about him giving her a piece of his time. "Or was that, like, a fake name and such." (Y/N) still wasn't looking at her as he said that preparing to learn the truth of whether it was a lie or not.

"That is my name, yes..." Angelia said, she tighten the lid on the hip flask and set it against the leg of her chair.  "... Look, (Y/N), I-" 

"You were just following orders, I know... I'm not gonna hold that against you, ..." Angelia looked even more surprised, and (Y/N) turned to Angelia with a slightly pained smile. "Too much, that is... The soul still stings a bit, he- Shit..." (Y/N) placed a hand against his face due to his chuckle causing facial pains. 

Angelia got out of her chair and walked to the stand next to (Y/N) bed, popping pills out of its foil-plastic packaging, and picked up a glass of water. Seating herself to the left side of the bed, she first hands (Y/N) what looks to be three pills of pharmacy-brand pain relievers. "Please trust in me from now on, I only want the best for you." (Y/N)'s cheeks were dusted with a rosy color from Angelia's words, a reaction she noticed but she wouldn't press him on it... Just yet. (Y/N) then took the pills and popped them in his mouth, which he then was handed a glass of water by Angelia. With a swig followed by a sigh, he handed Angelia back the glass of water. 

"Thank you, Angelia. I appreciate it." She couldn't help but smile and gain the same rosy cheeks from (Y/N)'s own words.

"No problem at all, (Y/N)." She walked back to her chair to take a seat once more, but (Y/N) cleared his throat to catch her attention. 

"You know, you don't need to sit so far away from me, It'd be harder for you to convince me of using your 'friendship nickname' from all the way over there." (Y/N) then patted the side of his bed, offering a place next to him. Angelia uncharacteristically smiled sweetly at (Y/N)'s attempts and conceded, picking up her flask and dragging the chair over to him, and taking a seat beside him. "See? Much better."