Chapter 4 - G&K, My Beloved

Sunday, May 17, 2022
???, CA
Former G&K And I.O.P. Joint Encampment
7:52 AM
->(Y/N) Contemplates Life To The Sound Of Dismantling Of The Encampment By Both C-Dolls and Remaining I.O.P. Workers. Still Embarrassed About Last Night's Happening Due To An Accident, Yet Tries To Carry On... Though Not For Very Far.

-

Still eyes pierce the top of the tent as our protagonist can't fall asleep due to what happened that night. His mind racing circles as he tries to calm himself down, though he catches himself thinking of the girl's expressions. 

"They didn't look like they were disappointed...-" He sat up while crossing an arm and placing a hand on his chin. "Actually, they looked really shocked and maybe... Impressed? Ugh, I don't know!!" He lays back down while exhaling a long sigh. "Huff... Women..." Light shined in through a gap in the tent, blinding (Y/N), making him groan in pain. "OH GOD MY EYES! THEY BURN! DAMN YOU, SUUUUUN!!" Standing up after rubbing his eyes, he takes a deep breath and walks out of his tent, trying to avoid any 'familiar' contact from anyone last night. Which, actually worked out well, cause he ran into two other familiar faces.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" (Y/N) stiffened up, yet slowly turned his head to see who called out to him, glancing over to thankfully see M16 next to RO635. Both of them taking down the posted-up tents of the encampment. "Glad to see you're better, Man."

"Hello, (Y/N)." RO635 chipped in, taking a break from her objective to greet (Y/N). "I'm also happy to see you're feeling better." 

"Oh, it's just you two..." M16 raised an eyebrow at his words while RO635 tilted her head in confusion.

"What's that supposed to mean?" M16 said a little bit quizzically, which (Y/N) flinched.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean anything rude!" M16 nodded with a small smile. "Actually, do you mind if I help out?"

"Oh, you don't have to do that, (Y/N). You're the last person that needs to do labor, especially after yesterday." RO635 implied, trying to make sure (Y/N) stays safe and well

"As much as I'd really enjoy your company, I agree with RO635 on this matter." M16 chipped in. "How 'bout you relax at the mess hall, get some grub, okay?"

"Positive you don't need any help? I really don't mind. In fact, it'll make me feel better actually trying to help than being opted to do nothing." M16 walked up to (Y/N) and patted his shoulder with a sincere smile on her face.

"We appreciate the thought, but for real, go sit down and eat something. If I remember, you didn't even get to eat anything yesterday after our little lunchtime lockdown. We'll, or at least I, will try to hurry up to hang with ya." (Y/N) sighed and nodded. RO635 waved bye to him as she focused back on the tent she was taking down. "Oh, and (Y/N)?"

"Hmm? What's up?" (Y/N) turned back around to face M16.

"Your girlfriend is a very lucky lady~" M16 stared at (Y/N) with sultry eyes, and a sly smile. M16 words caused RO635 to flinch and look to the ground, and drop whatever she was holding to cup her own face while trying to look away, her face cloaked in a red hue.

"B-But, I don't have a girlfri-...!" Finally getting the memo, (Y/N)'s own face changed color. He quickly speed-walked away from the two, feeling embarrassed to an all-time high. 'Yeap... That one's going in my trauma compilation...'