Chapter 5 - Tis' But A Scratch

Monday, May 18, 2022
???, ???, Europe
Griffin & Kryuger PMC Headquarters
8:09 AM
->After Giving A More "Proper" Introduction To The Rest Of The G&K PMC, (Y/N) Wants To Be A Part Of The Operation Involving Witkin And His Rouge Satellite. Trying To Find Some Form Of Solace With Project Alliance And I.O.P.

-

Anxiety was the one word in his head at the moment, not a speech planned out, and not even his witty personality either. Cause in front of him is that familiar set of doors he broke yesterday, now fixed, leading to the Mess Hall. This time, they were expecting him due to getting word from their respective commanders about the occasion of meeting the nervous man. A hand was placed against his shoulder, which caused (Y/N) to flinch and snap his head at the new presence.

"Woah~ Calm down there, or else you might pass out again." The voice of M16 sounded out next to (Y/N), causing him to sigh.

"Doesn't help when you sneaked up on me like that..." (Y/N) droned out, piercing those doors with his sight again. "Besides that, how's ST-AR? Yesterday, she kind of froze up. Hopefully, it's nothin' too serious."

"Heh~ She's fiiine~. She's experiencing some... New things~... Much like the rest of us! She just has her own way of showing it~" (Y/N) nodded to her words, his expression soften that his base-mate is well. (Y/N) then grabbed hold of M16's hand, and cupped it in his, a gesture that made M16 develop a new shade of red on her face. "What are you-"

"M16..." (Y/N) said quietly, only adding to M16's blush. As much as (Y/N) said so earlier, this really was moving too fast, especially for M16's poor heart. He took one of her fingers in one hand and held onto her wrist in the other... Then bent said finger in a painful direction, being careful enough not to break it, but forceful enough for it to hurt a lot.

"AHHH-PLEASE STOP!" She went to her knees, trying everything in her power to free herself from (Y/N) death grip.

"TRYIN' TO BLACKMAIL ME, HUH?! THE MASTER OF BLACKMAIL AND GUILT-TRIPPING! SUCH HERESSSSSY!" Comical flames start spewing out from the ground behind (Y/N) as he seemingly developed jagged teeth and continued hissing heresy. "I OUGHTA KICK YOUR HIDE!"

"OWOWOWOWOWW- T-THAT PICTURE- AH- I-I-IT'S BLACKMAIL FOR PERSICA! I PROMISE! PLEASE LET GOoOoOoo!" Everything about (Y/N) and the surrounding area instantly revert back to normal, (Y/N) also letting go of M16 and then patting her shoulder. 

"Well, why didn't you say so? Haha~ Please don't attempt blackmail against me, or it'll be worse next time!" (Y/N) threatening words didn't fit the beaming smile on his face, like he never committed a sin in his life. "You should put some ice on that, okay? Otherwise, it'll swell! I'll see you around, aha!~" (Y/N) let M16 writhe in pain and proceeded through the double doors, forgetting completely about the speech until face-to-face with a massive group of girls alike... A bit of his soul left his body at that moment. 

While (Y/N) dealt with the masses, M16 stood up, rubbing her hand and looking in the direction he left out of... Despite this hiccup between to, there was no latent hate, for she thought she was deserving due to pulling a stunt like that and leaving him ignorant. "Huff... Just who exactly is this guy..." She still had her eyes staring at the door, standing motionless as if a single shred of movement would topple everything around her. "... And... Why does it hurt when you-"

"Sis!" M16 was knocked out of her intrusive thoughts, and turned her head to see her M4 and her teammates, even ST-AR was there. "Is he already in there?... And why are you clutching your hand?"

"Ah, I, uh, accidentally jammed it against a wall. Hurt way more than need be... And, yeah, he's in there." M16 then started whistling to herself while looking away, which did nothing but make her look shadier.