Twenty One

"I'll walk you up." Kookie turned off the car and angled his body toward you.

"No Koo, you have practice I'll be okay, thanks for getting me home." Your tone was flat, you'd pushed your emotions down deep watching him drive. There had been something so soothing about focusing on that.

Kookie rolled his eyes and got out of the car meeting you on your side. He shoved your door closed and pressed his palm to your lower back. This elevator ride was silent, no tears, no shushing noises.

"Why were you waiting for me? How did you even know I stayed at his place last night?"

You pushed the heavy door to the apartment open, the smell of soup and kimchi permeating the space. You realized you'd not cleaned up your mess the previous night when you'd rushed out with Kookie. It seemed as if everything had come full circle, you and Kookie back at the beginning, only last night you'd not dreamed this was going to be the outcome.

"I was on punishment for hours and never heard his door open, but this morning I just happened to be waiting for Joonie when you came out." Kookie stepped into your apartment and the door eased shut behind him.

"You're going to be late, you'll be on punishment again." You headed toward the kitchen, intent on taking care of the take out disaster splashed all over your sink.

He caught your wrist and pulled until you were trapped against this chest in a tight hug. You succumbed to it, breathing deeply and sighed, your tears seemingly gone. Were you surprised? You'd spent the last eight months crying for one reason or another over Park Jimin.

"Why did you stay the night if he broke up with you?" Kookie said it so gently that you felt frozen for split second.

"He broke up with me this morning, said there's no time to fix things, that his schedule is too busy."

"He fucked you last night then dumped you this morning? What the fuck?" Kookie growled the words holding you away from his body, anger on all his pretty features.

"Koo no, that's not what happened, but even if it did, I can't let you choose my side. You can't be mad at him on my behalf, only I get to be mad." You stroked your fingers across his cheek, but said the words forcefully.

"I'm sorry bunny, you deserve so much better." He brushed your hair away from your face and kissed your nose, backing down. You noticed he didn't commit to letting Jimin off the hook.

"You should go." He shook his head and pinched your arm gently.

"I don't think you should be alone, is there someone you can call? Where's Aiyun?" He walked past you to the kitchen, clearly smelling the spoiled food. Kookie raised his brow as if to say 'what happened here?'

"She's on a business trip, there's really not anyone I want to be here, I'll be alright. I'll clean up and go to work, it will keep me busy."

"Go get a shower I'll take care of this," he lifted the bag of take out with a grimace, "see you in a few."

The shower didn't do much to improve your mood, but when you emerged from the hot steam wrapped in a towel Kookie was sitting on the bed. He weakly smiled and you blushed pulling the towel tightly above your breasts.

"Don't be shy, I've seen everything before." You rolled your eyes and wiggled into a pair of underwear from your drawer trying to maintain your modesty.

Turning your back you dropped the towel and managed to get your bra on. You wondered if he was watching, looking at the bare line of your back, admiring the blue lace underwear. You really shouldn't be thinking that but it was easier to sexualize the situation than accept that Jimin dumped you.