Twenty Five

You stood trying to keep your face neutral, when you couldn't maintain it you went with a grin at the group. Aiyun looked concerned and you quickly spoke up to dispel her unease, making sure your tone had some tease in it.

"Too much wine, don't wait for me I'll be back in a minute." You squeezed Felix's shoulder before walking away, his fingers brushed your calf suggestively.

In the bathroom, door shut, you sat on the edge of the tub and pulled your cell phone from your skirt pocket. You shouldn't do this, what were you thinking?

YN: Jimin can we talk?

You didn't hit send, the sensible part of your brain warning you that this was a terrible idea. This was a very dangerous game to play, even more than the one going on in the living room.

You swallowed hard staring at the text and his tiny bubble picture next to it. You could remember that day so well, you'd called him grumpy and he'd given you a look. It made you laugh so hard you'd had to immortalize his sassy face with your phone, before kissing it off his face. Somehow it had ended up his contact photo.

If he responded you'd call it quits, you'd tell them you were feeling sick and you'd end this game before you went too far

If he responded you'd call it quits, you'd tell them you were feeling sick and you'd end this game before you went too far. If he didn't then it was a sign he didn't care anymore, ring be damned. You hit send, your stomach clenching in misery. But what if he'd already blocked you, or responded to leave him alone?

~

"Jimin, why isn't your phone on silent?" Hobi threw a bag of chips at Jimin and rolled his eyes.

"Geez sorry, I didn't know that was a rule." Jimin dug into his sweatpants to pull out his phone, the other guys shushing him, Tae's elbow into his ribs.

Kookie had suggested a movie night and they were all piled in Joonie's living room watching one of the Spider-Man flicks. He'd originally turned down the invite but an hour ago all six of them had forcibly removed him from his apartment.

This was their last free weekend before eight weeks of non stop concerts, travel, practice and studio time. Joonie had called it forced fun, even Yoongi had rolled his eyes claiming twenty things he could be doing instead. But here they all were, acting like normal guys, not a blindfold or paddle to be found.

YN: Jimin can we talk?

Every nerve in his body misfired, the sounds of the television fuzzy, the heavy bodies leaning against him seemingly disappeared. The pizza from earlier shifted hazardously in his stomach as he looked at your message.

It had been complete radio silence between the two of you for six days. Since the moment you'd bolted from his bedroom you'd not reached out at all. He wasn't surprised, he figured you were furious, wounded by his decision.

The truth was at the last moment he'd panicked, when you'd not tried to change his mind, he'd almost changed his own. You'd just shut down, put your clothes back on and started to leave. You were so crestfallen he needed to fix you.