1. to you, a girl from the past

I
TO YOU, A GIRL FROM THE PAST

I TO YOU, A GIRL FROM THE PAST

"If you had to choose between saving humanity, or your friends, which would you choose?"

The young boy had been waiting for something exciting to happen - for his life to be thrown for a loop with something fantastic instead of his usual dazing above the walls - but he wasn't expecting such a weird question from his friend.

"Uh... Where's this coming from?" He asked, his eyes slowly coming down to focus on the young girl. She appeared so suddenly, yet it didn't surprise him too much. She was always one to appear out of the blue.

She was silent, hunched over to look at her reflection from the stream below.

"I'm not sure. It just came to mind and I couldn't pick one. Guess I came to you to help me out." She shrugged, suddenly leaning her head back to look up at the sky.

He quirked a brow, looking at her for a prolonged second before following your attention onto the sky. "I'd save the one most precious to me." He answered - not a second thought behind it. "But... If I was in that scenario, I'd find a way around it."

The girl let out a sigh. Of course, he'd believe that he could prevent both of them. That was just the type of person he was, huh?

"I'd save the world... And I would never let the one I care for die."

She blinked slowly, bringing her attention down to the grass. "You make it sound easy."

"What? You think I wouldn't be able to do it!?" He was frustrated now, gripping onto his red scarf as he defended his honor.

"I didn't say that, I bet you could do whatever you wanted if you tried..." That was the problem - there was a big difference between her and her friend. While he remained bold and determined, it seemed her motivation and drive faltered more and more each day.

"But I... Wouldn't be able to do that no matter how many chances I get. A death can change so many things, some deaths are important. How does someone know if something they see as good... Is actually something that leads to horrible things?"

She was losing her friend's understanding, his mouth falling open and eyes squinting as he looked at her, trying to grasp an idea of what she was getting at. That question of here seemed to be getting a whole lot more serious, less of something she just thought up and more of something that she'd been thinking of for a while.

"If there's someone you care about, there's no damn way their death is important! I don't care how much it changes things!"

The girl wished she could take his words lightly, that they were just some childish hopes - but they stuck to her.