6. to someone out of place

VI
TO SOMEONE OUT OF PLACE

VITO SOMEONE OUT OF PLACE

The last day before graduation. You were well aware of your slacking performance, not that you ever tried hard to begin with, but you figured that not trying too hard on the final training wasn't that bad. It was a group training, to polish your teamwork skills - a skill that would come in handy no matter what branch you ended up picking.

"I didn't really listen to what Shadis was saying... But I'm sure this'll be a piece of cake!" Connie was boasting, head thrown back and hands on his hips. "At least for a genius like me..."

"Hmm..." Sasha ignored him, instead looking toward you, then toward Marco, and lastly, Daz. "Looks like I'll be the one you guys follow! I know the most about the forest, and since it isn't raining, I know what I'm doing!" She was referring to the last teamwork exercise, where it began to rain and she grew fearful of her lack of spacial awareness. "And Connie, you're unreliable and not anywhere near as smart as Armin, so leave it to me!"
Connie grumbled at her blunt words.

"You'll just get us lost! Only lucky you could smell the smoke last time! Armin did all the work!"

"It's too late for this! And what's the point of it anyway when graduation is tomorrow? We should be having a celebration!" Daz complained. You always thought he was an older man by decades, but apparently, he was around your age. He must've experienced a lot of stress.

"It was either this or hand-to-hand combat, personally, I'm not gonna complain." You explained, shrugging your shoulders. "So suck it up princess, unless you wanna get your ass handed to you by someone like Annie." Despite Eren being ranked number one in hand-to-hand combat this far, Annie outranked him by leagues. It must've been that she was just a slacker in that aspect - like you, but you were a slacker in all aspects. "Don't worry, none of us want to do this any less than you. Were all tired." You added your last sentence just to decrease the burn to whatever wound you inflicted on Daz's already low esteem.

Marco sheepishly laughed, "Well, todays all about cooperation... Let's work together, okay?"

The five of you had all ended up in separate directions, only to meet up at the same spot - in the middle of the forest, next to a small hut.
"So much for 'let's work together'." You sighed, sparing the panting Daz beside you a glance.

"Everyones pulling their own weight, so how isn't this working?" Connie asked, sweat lining his forehead.

"Not to mention we don't have any gas or blades! It's your fault for going tryhard, Connie!" Sasha whined.