Meeting Her

Maynard's POV

Today was the day. I was going to meet a girl and talk to her for the first time. My heart was throbbing nonstop inside my chest. How will she be?

Naturaly beautiful? Cute? Hot? Friendly? Shy? Full of energy? Confident? How will she be?

I've waited for a day like this so bad. I've never felt love once in my life. Was she going to love me like no one else? Am I finally going to be loved by someone?
Is it-

My thoughts were cut off as I heard a knock on the door.
Oh My God! She's here. I'm dying.
I took a long breath.

"Come In!" I yelled in the most deep voice possible. The door shot open in a second.  A woman in her 30s walked in. A happy smile on her face. Her face seemed like it was sculpted. It wasn't natural. It looked fake.........like...plastic? She possibly had many plastic surgeries. I watched her with 0 interest.

She giggled annoyingly and took a seat across from me. I felt nothing. No butterflies in my stomach. No happiness in my eyes. Nothing like how my grandmother described love to me. It was plain disappointing.

"Hieee!! I'm Chelsa!! Maynard!! You look so handsome!!" she squealed.

"Thank you" I simply spoke.
There was an awkward silence between us before the door burst open and my dad walked in. I signed in relief.

"So how's the convo going?!?" my dad questioned with happiness.
I stared at him simply. No excitement in my eyes.

"Uh-I mean.. How are the love birds doing?!?!" he questioned in excitement again.

"Ohh We're doing great! Maynard has stolen my heart already. He's so cute!" she squealed again. Can she stop squealing and talk properly for once?

"I think I love her too!" I spoke with a fake smile. I didn't really love her I think? But after all, I don't even know how love is. I've never experienced it. Maybe I'll start loving her eventually?

"That's so great!!!! You both have to wait for only 4 months! And then we'll get you engaged. And 2 months later, we'll get you both married. And later, you both can have babies of your own!!" My father spoke with a pleased tone.

I turned to her to see her blushing intensely. I smiled. Maybe life was going to be better from now on...