A Date

You were completely amazed by Maynards luxurious car. You had no idea he was so rich. You were just busy admiring the car.

"Y/n?" he called out.

"Hmm?" you turned to him.

"In the next 2 months probably... I'll be getting engaged to someone. " he spoke up.

Your jaw dropped as you shifted away from him. No way you were going to stick to a guy who's already about to have a fiancee.
He laughed a bit at your actions.

"Well...but there's a lot more to it.. Listen to me." he gently spoke pulling you closer to him.

"That day when I first came to your cafe....I was actually very heartbroken... That early noon, I went to my future fiancee's house in hope of impressing her....but.. I caught her cheating on me..she doesn't know that I'm aware of her cheating yet, and I'm really confused as of what to do.."

You simply stared at him.

"Can.. Can you tell me what to do about it? Please? It hurts to keep it in." he spoke as his voice lowered with every word he spoke. Almost as if he was about to cry.

"You've got to tell that to your parents.. You can't silently sit and watch yourself get tied with a cheater. If you don't take an action now, you might regret it later..." you spoke. He sighed lazily.

"Does that mean.. I shouldn't marry/engage her?"

"Exactly. She'll hurt you in the future... But afterall it's your choice" you assured him. He sighed yet again.

"Okay....So can I consider this as a date?" he questioned.

"W-what?" you were flattered.

"I-I mean.. I never asked you if you had a boyfriend or anything... But you wouldn't mind if I consider this as a date right?"

"No I don't mind... And no I don't have a boyfriend." you laughed. He smiled cutely.

Soon you both reached the mall. May got out first and came to your side to open the door for you. That made you laugh.

"W-what? Do I look silly?" he spoke with a shocked tone.

"No it's just that I find this funny.. You know this gentleman behavior and stuff cause I only saw these in movies" you explained. He nodded shyly as you both walked in the mall.

As soon as you both walked in, everyone stared at you both in shock, especially you. Girls and boys were staring at you as if you just committed the worst crime. That made you uncomfy. But Maynard didn't seem to be affected at all.

"Mayy!" you whispered in his ear.

"Y/n!" he whispered back in the same tone as a joke. You chuckled.

"Why are they staring at us like that?!?" you asked him. He looked around and seemed to get intrigued by the stares.

"I didn't notice them looking" he whispered back.

"Everybody!! Get back to work!" he suddenly yelled. You flinched but he didn't seem to notice. He was busy glaring at everyone.

"Don't order them around or they'll kick us out!" you whispered in his ear. He laughed. You got confused.

"What!?" you tugged on his shirt.

"Y/n I own this mall..This IS MY mall!" he yelled trying to hold his laughter. You mumbled an 'Oh'.

As you both walked into the restaurant. May picked the luxurious and expensive seat. You both sat down as you looked around awkwardly.

"What should we order?" May questioned, flipping through the menu book.

"I would just like to take some coffee!" you replied. His jaw dropped as he stared at you in disappointment.

"Y/n...this is a 5 star restaurant...They don't serve coffee here... Only expensive dishes are available... Also why do you want to order a coffee on a date? It's lunch time already.. Have a good meal?" he spoke, his tone in a disappointing manner.
You awkwardly smiled.

"I don't have any idea about expensive dishes.." you spoke, hoping he wouldn't find you dumb. He just smiled.

"Don't worry I'll order for us." he assured.

"Where's the waiter tho?" you asked.

"There are no waiters here." he spoke placing his hand on the table. There was a piece of black clothing on his side as he picked it up. It revealed an attached tablet to the table as you gasped. May chuckled at you.

You watched as he typed his order on the tab. He looked up to see you staring at the tablet in adoration. That made him laugh.

"You can type it if you want?" he spoke deleting his typed letters and turning the table around, causing the tablet to arrive at your side. You nodded in happiness.

"Tell me the dish names!" you ordered.

"Kobe Beef and Main lobster burger - 2
Louis XIII Pizza - 2
And Lindeth Howe pudding for dessert - 2"

You typed all of it and sent it to order.
"That was amazing" you spoke closing the tab. May just smiled. You both heard footsteps. Probably another customers in the restaurant. You didn't care unless.... you saw him.

Waylen.

His blonde hair which always hung low were now tied in a high bun. He wore spectacles, the big and circular ones which are in fashion nowadays. His eyes seemed to shine brighter than ever in the dim lights. He wore a peach colour shirt tightly wrapped around him. He looked like a professor. Your jaw dropped.

Maynard noticed your gaze and followed it. He was annoyed by what he saw.

"The heck is this jerk doing here?" May mumbled with an annoyed face.

"He looks... Different?" you spoke still staring at Waylen. You couldn't believe that was him. Maynard sighed.

Bending towards you through the table, Maynard gently grabbed your jaw and made you face him instead of Waylen. Heat rushed through your cheeks as you looked in his eyes.

"Forget him. I'm the one you should look at. I'm also quite handsome. Look at me." he mumbled observing your features. You didn't answer but simply stare at him. It went like that for 2 minutes before he backed off and sat on his place.

Waylen sat a little far from you. You saw him but he didn't notice you yet. Soon, a woman walked right towards his table. She looked like she was in her early 40s maybe....You can't assume her age from her face. She smirked as she sat across from him. Her dress was tight and revealing. Waylen looked uncomfortable but tried to shrug it off. She lent her hand towards him and-

"Y/n." Maynard called out and you immediately shifted your gaze towards him.

"I'm sorry I-I was just curious.. Waylen said he had no friends so who's that....?" you spoke lowering your voice.

"You don't have to care. He's a Bastard. He looks like one. I'm not sure what you thought when you befriended him." he mumbled angrily.

"He's not really that close enough to call him a friend.. He's actually a customer." you replied.

"Oh...whatever let's not talk about him on our date..." he spoke.

"Okay"

Your table shifted slightly creating a hole in the middle. Dishes you ordered were gently pushing up as May took them and placed them in front of you and him.
You both had tasty lunch.

As soon as you finished lunch, you both headed towards the exit. Maynard didn't have to pay since he owned the restaurant. Maynard held the door for you as you thanked him and were about to walk outside... When...

"Y/n?"